A dairy-free version of our popular Copycat Chuy’s Jalapeño Ranch Dip, this Dairy-free Jalapeño Ranch Dip is a creamy, smooth and zesty dip perfect for dipping veggies or chips, or spreading on sandwiches.
Dairy-free Jalapeño Ranch Recipe
I love entertaining, whether it’s throwing a crazy elaborate party or just having some friends over for drinks and snacks, but the biggest struggle I run into is figuring out how to serve my tried-and-true, favorite recipes to a group that consists of different dietary needs.
I have friends that are keto, low carb, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free – and I want to be able to entertain and treat them to some delicious treats just the same as my friends who don’t have those needs.
One of the apps that I always get rave reviews for is my jalapeño ranch dip – I always have to make a double or triple batch and still it’s usually the first thing to disappear off the table. But y’all, it is the furthest thing from dairy-free or vegan with mayonnaise, buttermilk AND sour cream in the recipe. As a result, you can’t just swap out one ingredient, I had to give this recipe a full-scale rewrite, while trying to still capture that amazing zesty, tangy and slightly spicy flavor profile.
While this doesn’t taste exactly like the original, I think it’s just as delicious and the coconut cream adds a wonderful cooling aspect to the recipe so you can actually hit it with more jalapeños than the original. The coconut can add some sweetness, so taste as you go and try to balance it out with your spices and the acidity of the lemon juice.
This dairy-free jalapeño ranch dip intensifies in heat the longer you keep it in the fridge, so keep that in mind when you prepare the recipe. If you’re making ahead by a day, make it a little less spicy than you’d want your finished dip to be. It can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. (I do not recommend freezing.)
More Dairy-Free Appetizers You’ll Love
- Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus from Kylee Cooks
- Chocolate Stout Chicken Wings
- Bacon Mushroom Risotto Bites from The Soccer Mom Blog
- Mango Bruschetta
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Grilled Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce from Kylee Cooks
- Kansas City BBQ Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Check out our quick recipe video to see how to make your own dairy-free jalapeño dip, and then don’t forget to scroll down to grab your free printable recipe card:
Jalapeño Ranch Dip Ingredients
- Vegenaise <– can use mayonnaise
- Coconut Cream <– just the thick cream at the top of the can
- Lemon Juice, to taste
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Milk <– can use the thinner coconut cream at bottom of can
- Jalapeños, diced – deseeded if desired
- Cilantro, washed and chopped
- Ranch Seasoning, to taste <– grab our recipe for homemade ranch seasoning here
- Cumin, to taste
- Lime Juice, to taste
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: I also like adding some salsa verde to this recipe sometimes. If you have it on hand, taste and see if you like the flavor it adds to the dip.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
How to Make Jalapeño Ranch Dip Dairy-free
In a large bowl, stir together the veganaise, coconut cream, lemon juice, salt and coconut milk. Taste and adjust as needed.
Stir in the diced jalapeños, cilantro, ranch seasoning, cumin and lime juice.
Taste and adjust for a final time.
Note that this dip will become spicier if left in the fridge overnight.
Pin this Easy Jalapeño Ranch Dip recipe for a Dairy-free Appetizer the next time you need one:
Grab your free printable recipe card for our daiy-free jalapeño ranch dip recipe:
- 1/2 cup Vegenaise
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream*
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk**
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- Small bunch cilantro, washed and chopped (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the veganaise, coconut cream, lemon juice, salt and coconut milk. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Stir in the diced jalapeños, cilantro, ranch seasoning, cumin and lime juice.
- Taste and adjust for a final time.
- Note that this dip will become spicier if left in the fridge overnight.
*Just the thick coconut cream at the top of the can.
**Can alternatively use the thinner coconut cream at bottom of can.
You can deseed the jalapenos or leave seeds in, depending on your heat preference.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 570mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your guests love this dairy-free dip recipe as much as mine did! It’s a great way to meet multiple dietary needs without giving up flavor!
For more delicious dips, check out our full dip recipe collection here: