A delicious chip dip that works great with veggies or spread on a burger, this Jalapeño Ranch Dip is a copycat version of the famous Chuy’s Jalapeño Ranch Dip for those of us not lucky enough to have one in our neighborhood!
Jalapeño Ranch Dip Recipe
Usually, I find myself in Texas at least a few times a year.
The number one thing I miss right now are all of my friends who call Texas home, but definitely second place goes to all of that amazing Texas food!
Chuy’s is a chain Tex-Mex restaurant started in Austin, TX with a fun vibe and some seriously delicious, indulgent foods… but the real cult classic here is their assortment of sauces, including their Jalapeño Ranch Dip.
I’ve found myself craving a plate of their nachos with several side helpings of that seriously addictive dip, and with all the current travel restrictions the only reasonable solution was to whip up my own copycat version.
This dip is zesty, creamy and has just the right amount of jalapeño heat. If you let it sit in the fridge overnight, the heat gets a bit more intense – and of course, you can leave the seeds in your jalapeños if you want an even spicier dip.
It’s perfect with nachos but also makes a great veggie dip and can be used as a spread on burgers or sandwiches. I’ve even blended this dip with a bit more buttermilk to make a jalapeno ranch dressing for salads. (I told you, it’s addictive.)
Of course, I use my own homemade ranch seasoning to make this dip. Not only is it more cost-efficient, I get to control the ingredients and avoid ingredients like MSG that are found in traditional ranch seasoning packets.
How long does jalapeño ranch dip last? This dip will last for two weeks in the fridge without a loss in flavor or quality… but it’s usually gone in one night in our house!
Do you have to use fresh jalapeños? I’ve tried this recipe both with canned jalapeños and fresh. I prefer the flavor of using fresh but it truly is delicious either way.
More Recipes using Jalapeños
Check out our quick recipe video to see how to make this Jalapeño Ranch Dip – and then don’t forget to scroll down to grab your free printable recipe card:
Jalapeño Ranch Dip Ingredients
- Sour Cream <– can use Greek Yogurt
- Buttermilk <– if you don’t want to buy buttermilk for just this recipe, I highly recommend buying this buttermilk powder which is great for whipping up fresh buttermilk whenever you need it!
- Salsa Verde, to taste
- Jalapeños, diced – deseeded if desired
- Cilantro, washed and chopped
- Ranch Seasoning, to taste <– grab our recipe for homemade ranch seasoning here
- Cumin, to taste
- Lime Juice, to taste
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: play around with this recipe, tasting as you go, to find the perfect amount of each seasoning for your personal preferences.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons and Cups
How to Make Jalapeño Ranch Dip
In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk.
Each ingredient in this recipe after those three should be added to personal taste. Continue to taste and adjust as you make this recipe.
Whisk in the salsa verde, diced jalapeños and cilantro.
Season with ranch, cumin and lime juice.
This dip is ready to enjoy right away but you can also place in the fridge overnight for even more amazing flavor.
Grab your free printable for our jalapeño ranch dip recipe:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons salsa verde, to taste
- 2 jalapeños, diced - deseeded if desired
- Small bunch cilantro, washed and chopped (about 1/3 to 1/2 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Each ingredient in this recipe after those three should be added to personal taste. Continue to taste and adjust as you make this recipe.
- Whisk in the salsa verde, diced jalapeños and cilantro.
- Season with ranch, cumin and lime juice.
- This dip is ready to enjoy right away but you can also place in the fridge overnight for even more amazing flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope you love this jalapeno ranch dip recipe as much as I do – and if you’re familiar with the Chuy’s version, let me know if it measures up!