I was never much of a crafter until Miss G came along!
Her favourite way to start the day is by doing a craft, so I try to come up with fun kids' craft ideas that are geared to her skill level - rather than Pinterest-perfect crafts that are going to frustrate her or need a lot of assistance from me (while I'm trying to get breakfast ready).
Miss G's enthusiasm for crafting has spread, as I have learned how energizing crafting can be for myself, and the toddlers in our daycare have also begun insisting on daily crafts. I share the best of those here.
What matters to me is that these kids' craft ideas & art activities:
- engage creative thinking and problem solving
- stimulate a love of creation
- build confidence via independence
- are affordable - especially if the children "destroy" rather than "create"
- engage fine motor skills whenever possible
- are open-ended and flexible, so the children can be creative & self-expressed, no matter what my original intentions
Our most popular craft ideas include:
If you're interested in reading more about our approach to arts & crafts, you might enjoy: