A delicious mango party recipe, this Mango Bruschetta is fresh, flavorful and an unexpected appetizer to surprise and delight your guests with.
Mango Bruschetta Recipe
I’m on a bit of a bruschetta kick recently, and while I usually go for the standard tomato version, I wanted to switch things up and bring a unique, fruity take to my favorite appetizer.
My daughter loves all things mango, so this mango bruschetta was a huge hit with her! She is usually not too happy when I put peppers in anything, but the garlic-infused, toasted bread and fresh, juicy mango let me get away with sneaking sweet peppers into this recipe.
The mangoes, sweet bell pepper, tomatoes and basil combine to make a salsa topping that is sweet yet earthy and well-balanced. A drizzle of balsamic vinegar brings a light tanginess that also serves to play up the sweetness of the mangoes.
I think it would be delicious to spice this recipe up by adding some jalapeños or crushed red chile flakes. You could also add chopped avocado or cucumber.
If you have extra time, you can roast your tomatoes and mangoes for a different and more robust flavor, but I like fresh veggies on my bruschetta so the only things cooked in my version are the sweet bell peppers (to reduce their acidity) and the bread for crunch.
Can I freeze the bruschetta topping? While all of these ingredients can be frozen, it would affect the integrity and texture of the bruschetta so I would not recommend it.
What bread is bruschetta made from? Bruschetta can be made using a French baguette, Italian ciabatta, or any other rustic-style white bread.
How do I stop my bruschetta bread from getting soggy? Either brushing the bread with olive oil and baking, or frying in olive oil in a skillet will give the bruschetta bread a double layer of protecting from getting soggy. The olive oil serves as a barrier, and toasting the bread reduces sogginess.
Check out some of our other Mango recipes:
- Mango Cupcakes with Fresh Mango Buttercream
- Mango Crockpot Spiral Ham
- Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Mango Vanilla Smoothie
- Mango Cake with Whipped Cream
Or check out our 13 Mango Dessert Recipes round-up.
If you’re looking for more Mango Appetizer recipes, check out:
- Mango and Grilled Shrimp Triscuit Appetizer from The Flavor Bender
- Prosciutto-wrapped Mango Bites from My Recipes
- Avocado Mango Triscuits from Kim’s Cravings
- Mango Salsa Appetizer Bites from Pillsbury
- Mango Chicken Puffs from Happy Foods Tube
- Mango Avocado Salsa from Simply Recipes
Mango Bruschetta Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Bell Pepper, diced
- Garlic, cut in half
- French Baguette
- Large Ripe Mango, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Fresh Sweet Basil, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: you can use an oven toaster to toast bread to reduce the oil and also toast the bread faster. Just pre-heat oven toaster for 3 minutes and add slices of french baguette.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Sharp kitchen knives
- Cast Iron Skillet <– I love the versatility of a good cast-iron pan – you can make everything from eggs to dessert in them and they transition easily from the stove to the oven. This one is pre-seasoned and great for even heating
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to Make Mango Bruschetta
Place one Tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
Once the oil is hot, add the bell pepper and sauté until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
Slice your garlic and rub on the sliced bread.
Add additional olive oil to the skillet.
Add the bread to the skillet pan to toast, approximately 2-3 minute on each side.
Alternatively, you can use an oven toaster or oven to toast the bread.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, sweet basil and sweet bell pepper.
In a small bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons olive oil with the balsamic vinegar.
Arrange the mango-vegetable mixture onto the toasted French Baguettes, about 1-2 heaping tablespoons each.
Drizzle with Balsamic mixture.
Pin this Easy Mango Appetizer Recipe:
Grab your free printable for our mango bruschetta recipe:
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil, or as needed
- 1 Medium Sweet Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, cut in half
- 1 French Baguette (about 12 slices, each 1/2 inch thick each)
- 1 Large Ripe Mango, diced
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Sweet Basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Place one Tablespoon of the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the bell pepper and sauté until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Slice your garlic and rub on the sliced bread.
- Add additional olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the bread to the skillet pan to toast, approximately 2-3 minute on each side.
- Alternatively, you can use an oven toaster or oven to toast the bread.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mangoes, tomatoes, sweet basil and sweet bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 Tablespoons olive oil with the balsamic vinegar.
- Arrange the mango-vegetable mixture onto the toasted French Baguettes, about 1-2 heaping tablespoons each.
- Drizzle with Balsamic mixture.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
This easy mango appetizer is the perfect addition to your summer party, or it makes a delicious late-night snack.