Although we don’t watch a lot of TV, we do like to visit family and friends on special game days. The Super Bowl is around the corner and I thought we could do a bit of a twist on our weekly 7 day healthy meal plan and share a couple healthy game day foods.
Whether you are watching football, hockey, soccer, or tennis having good party food on hand is always a great idea!
It’s hard to keep things healthy during special occasions especially when your family or friends don’t adhere to the same healthy eating philosophy you do. Don’t feel bad if you have to switch out a couple ingredients to better suit the tastes of your guests. If you’re using the free printable grocery list for the meal plans (located at the bottom of each meal plan), make sure you update it accordingly.
There are a lot of really tempting items in the grocery stores around game days. Have a good shopping list when you go to buy for game day. It’s ok to dip into the 10% of your healthy food living philosophy. A couple cookies or extra chocolate won’t ruin your children or your guests!
Healthy Meal Plans for Game Day
Game Day Meal Plan 1
- Drink: No-Churn Root Beer Float with Ice Cream
- Appetizer 1: Spinach Balls from Once a Month Meals
- Appetizer 2: Pull Apart Olive Loaf
- Meal Idea: Healthy Taco Salad brings your favorite taco salad to game day! Add in fresh ingredients for an extra boost of energy to make it through until the last minute of the game.
- Dessert: 3 Ingredient Brownies
Game Day Meal Plan 2
- Drink: Cranberry Mocktail on 3 Boys and a Dog! Perfect for sipping while you watch the game. This is a non-alcoholic version which can easily be adapted if needed.
- Appetizer: Mexican Fiesta Black Bean Hummus from Two Healthy Kitchens
- Main Dish 1: Skinny Roasted Veggie and Ricotta Pizza on Skinny Mom looks amazing. I love how she added fresh corn. Such a great idea for a healthy twist on a traditional game day food.
- Variations: Here is a really great recipe for Homemade Pizza Sauce from Little Spice Jar
- Main Dish 2: Turkey Sliders with Cilantro-Garlic Aioli from Plaid & Paleo! Replace the bun with sweet potato slices. What an awesome idea!
- Desserts: 10 Minute S’mores Refrigerator Cake
Game Day Meal Plan 3
- Drinks: Homemade Bloody Mary’s from Hello Glow
- Appetizer 1: Spicy Cream Cheese Wontons
- Appetizer 2: Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Main Dish : Paleo Sweet Pepper Chili from Plaid & Paleo is perfect for any healthy winter meal. Make a huge pot for the crowd on game day!
- Dessert: Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes
I hope one of these 3 Meal Plans for Game Day is the perfect match for your family and this helps make room for more fun and enjoyment in your game day weekend!
If you want to receive my free healthy meal plans every week, make sure to subscribe to my weekly newsletter (which also contains kids’ activities, parenting inspiration, and recipes)!