A fun summer twist on our favorite slushy cocktail recipe, these Red, White and Blue Berry Slushies are a patriotic way to cool down this 4th of July using Smirnoff’s Red, White and Berry vodka.
Patriotic Berry Slushy Recipe
Slushy cocktails are one of my favorite options for entertaining.
They are refreshing yet simple, and always give a bit of wow factor to guests – especially when you’re presenting them with a layered cocktail slushy!
A delicious berry lemonade cocktail, this Red, White & Blue Slushy cocktail is a fun option to serve on the 4th of July – or any American patriotic event. It’s like a grown-up Rocket Popsicle!
We used Smirnoff’s Red White and Berry vodka (also called Smirnoff Berry Blast vodka) for this recipe – it has a fun blend of citrus, blue rasperry and cherry flavors that work deliciously in this recipe. If that’s not available where you life, any flavored vodka can be substituted as long as it mixes well with lemon and strawberry.
You can prepare this recipe in advance and then just store in freezer bags until a few minutes before you need to serve them. Set the bags out on the counter to thaw a bit and then use a spoon to portion out the layers. However, this recipe is super easy to prepare in just a few minutes if you have plenty of ice and your ingredients ready.
I’ve also made a Coconut Rum Patriotic Slushy Cocktail if you’d prefer.
Tips for a Perfect Slushy Cocktail
- Use a high speed blender and start on low. A high speed blender will make quick use of those ice cubes (and any frozen fruit), but avoid the temptation to immediately start at a high speed as that can make the slushy too runny.
- Use frozen fruit. Frozen fruit will help keep this slushy thick and frozen longer.
- Freeze your liquids. While vodka doesn’t freeze, if I have time, I like to freeze the lemonade into ice cubes before making the recipe.
To keep these layers perfect, avoiding assembling the cocktails until just ready to serve.
You can keep these slushies frozen in the freezer for up to 2 months.
For more recipes using Smirnoff’s Berry Blash vodka, check out:
- Our Patriotic Limeade recipe
- Our Berry Basil Lemonade cocktail recipe
- Our Blackberry-Pineapple Vodka Popsicles
- Red White and Berry Firecracker Cocktail from Homemade Food Junkie
- Boozy Sparkling Lemonade from Jordan’s Easy Entertaining
I often order my liquor from Drizly because they have a quick delivery time (sometimes within 40 minutes) and no expensive mark-ups. Purchasing from them supports local retailers, too. You can order the Red, White and Berry Vodka and Blue Curaçao needed for this recipe from them.
Ingredients for Forth of July Slushy Cocktails
- Lots of ice <– you can freeze your lemonade to make ice cubes
- Blue Curaçao
- Smirnoff Red, White & Berry
- Strawberries, quartered
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
This recipe is courtesy of Taylor Bradford, Pink Heels Pink Truck.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
I really loved using my gorgeous Omishome Bartending Kit to make this recipe. The pretty bamboo holder contains all of the tools you need to make perfect cocktails, and those pretty gold tools add a touch of class to your home bar set-up.
How to Make a Layered Slushy Cocktail
Blend each layer separately until smooth.
Store in freezer until ready to build your cocktail.
Pour each layer into a highball glass and serve immediately.
Grab your free printable for our patriotic slushy cocktail recipe:
For the Blue Slush Layer:
- 2 cups ice
- 2 oz. Blue Curacao
- 1 cup homemade lemonade
For the White Slush Layer:
- 2 cups ice
- 2 oz. Smirnoff Red, White & Berry
- 1 cup homemade lemonade
For the Red Slush Layer:
- 1 ¼ cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 oz. Smirnoff Red, White & Berry vodka
- ¼ cup of homemade lemonade
- Blend each layer separately until smooth.
- Store in freezer until ready to build your cocktail.
- Pour each layer into a highball glass and serve immediately.
You can swap out the strawberries for grenadine or strawberry syrup, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Berry Lemonade Slushy Cocktail recipe is a fun way to toast the 4th of July or Memorial Day.