A fun Christmas crostini recipe perfect for using up leftover cranberry sauce, this Cranberry Crostini with Cream Cheese is a fun holiday appetizer bursting with texture and flavor.
Cranberry Crostini Recipe
In the summer, I am alllll about bruschetta.
But once tomatoes go out of season, I switch gears and opt for comforting crostini recipes with a bit of cheese and fruit. I love the contrast of the rich, creamy cheese and bright pop of the sweet fruit flavors.
This cranberry crostini is a new favorite. It uses our homemade cranberry sauce, a bit of homemade honey butter to toast the bread and then just a small smear of cream cheese and a fresh zest of lime. The result is a crunchy, toasted baguette with creamy toppings and that perfect blend of sweet and tangy. It’s a great two-bite holiday appetizer for entertaining… but you may want to double the recipe because even those who don’t love cranberry sauce will find this recipe irresistible.
(However, you can make a few of these with strawberry or raspberry jam for those super picky eaters. Just put them on a separate plate to clearly distinguish between the two versions.)
Crostini may sound fancy but it literally translates to “little toasts” – if you can spread butter on bread, you can make crostini.
Depending on personal preference, you can use cranberry relish or cranberry sauce. Cranberry relish is uncooked and more tart, while cranberry sauce is sweeter with a jam-like consistency. Both are super simple to make at home, though cranberry relish needs to be prepared the day before.
For an even more indulgent twist on this recipe, you can swap out the cream cheese for our honeyed ricotta recipe used in our pomegranate pistachio crostini recipe or a creamy goat, brie or camembert cheese.
While I used a simple store-bought French loaf for this recipe, you can use any favorite crusty bread – or even make your own French baguette.
If you’re a regular around Sugar, Spice and Glitter, you already know that I love my plan-ahead recipes… while this cranberry crostini is best enjoyed the day of preparing, you can pre-slice the bread and keep it in an airtight bag and prepare the honey butter spread the day before.
Appetizers using Cranberry Sauce
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs
- Cranberry Brie Bites
- Leftover Turkey Dinner Tacos from The Soccer Mom Blog
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip from Budget Bytes
- Crockpot Cranberry Hot Wings from The Spruce Eats
Cranberry Crostini Ingredients
- Butter, softened
- Cream Cheese, softened
- Cranberry Sauce <– grab our homemade cranberry sauce recipe
- Lime Zest, optional
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: swap out the lime zest for orange zest or skip it altogether if you’re short on time.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cookie Sheet lined with Parchment Paper or a Silicone Baking Mat
- Small Spatula or Spoon
- Microplane Grater
How to Make Cranberry Crostini
Preheat oven to 375ºF.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (or simply grease it well) and set aside.
Slice your baguette into 2″ wide slices and place slices on the baking sheet.
In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and honey until smooth and well-combined.
Spread the honey-butter on the baguette slices, then place in the oven and toast until tops are lightly golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Remove the baguette slices from the oven and allow to cool until comfortable to touch.
Spread the softened cream cheese on the baguette slices and top with a teaspoon or so of cranberry sauce.
Zest a lime over the crostini to give a hint of green and a hit of zesty flavor.
Makes 12-16 slices.
Grab your free printable recipe card for our cranberry crostini recipe:
- 1 Baguette
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 4oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Sauce
- Lime Zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (or simply grease it well) and set aside.
- Slice your baguette into 2" wide slices and place slices on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter and honey until smooth and well-combined.
- Spread the honey-butter on the baguette slices, then place in the oven and toast until tops are lightly golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the baguette slices from the oven and allow to cool until comfortable to touch.
- Spread the softened cream cheese on the baguette slices and top with a teaspoon or so of cranberry sauce.
- Zest a lime over the crostini to give a hint of green and a hit of zesty flavor.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 185mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your holiday guests love this cranberry crostini as much as mine did!
For more amazing appetizers, check out our full collection of appetizer recipes here:
Or for more beautiful uses for bread, check out our full collection of bread recipes here: