Pistachio Ice Cream
A sweet treat for the pistachio fans in your life, this 3-ingredient Pistachio Ice Cream doesn’t even require an ice cream maker, making it the perfect frozen treat when you want something a little bit unique.
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Even though I have a really nice KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker, I love making no churn ice cream recipes.
Not only are they super simple and require minimal ingredients, I also only need to make enough room in the freezer for a loaf pan rather than the giant canister that my ice cream maker requires. Plus, the ice cream maker has to be frozen at least 24 hours before I want to make ice cream – and when I want ice cream, waiting 2-4 hours for this recipe to freeze is more than enough for me!
This pistachio pudding ice cream recipe is super simple:
- Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks with an electric mixer
- Gently fold in the pistachio pudding mix
- Sweeten, if desired (with sweetened condensed milk or honey)
I also folded in some crushed pistachios for texture, but those are completely optional. If you don’t want to mess with beating the heavy cream, you can also swap that out for a pre-whipped topping, like Cool Whip.
This pistachio ice cream has all of the rich flavor and creaminess of a gourmet pistachio ice cream, without the extra trip to the store or crazy price tag.
More Pistachio Recipes
- Honeyed Ricotta Crostini with Pistachios and Pomegranate Seeds
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna
- Pistachio Cookies
- Pistachio Pudding Cake
Pistachio Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy whipping cream (35%)
- Sweetened condensed milk, optional
- Pistachio Pudding Mix
- Pistachios, shelled and crushed
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: the sweetened condensed milks adds sweetness and creaminess to the ice cream. To keep the ice cream less sweet and airy, skip the condensed milk.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Loaf pan or freezer container
- Electric mixer <– this is a great hand mixer if you don’t want to make the investment into a stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon or spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty.
- Ice Cream Scoop
How to Make Pistachio Ice Cream
Place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-6 minutes, until soft peaks form.
If you want to add the sweetened condensed milk, gently stir it into the whipping cream.
Gently stir in the pistachio pudding mix until no dry patches remain, being careful not to overmix.
Stir in the pistachios and then fold the mixture out into a clean loaf pan.
Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
Pin this Easy Pistachio Dessert for the next time you’re craving ice cream:
Grab your free printable for our pistachio pudding ice cream recipe:
Pistachio Ice Cream
A delicious no-churn pistachio pudding ice cream recipe made without a machine. Just 3 ingredients results in a creamy, rich pistachio ice cream your family will love.
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1-10oz can sweetened condensed milk, to taste (optional)
- 1-3oz package pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios
- Place the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 4-6 minutes, until soft peaks form.
- If you want to add the sweetened condensed milk, gently stir it into the whipping cream.
- Gently stir in the pistachio pudding mix until no dry patches remain, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the pistachios and then fold the mixture out into a clean loaf pan.
- Freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 10g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
This creamy and rich pistachio pudding ice cream is the perfect 10-minute dessert recipe for pistachio lovers.
Check out some of our other homemade ice cream recipes: