A fun twist on a soft chocolate chip cookie, these Pistachio Pudding Cookies feature real chopped pistachios and white chocolate chips for a decadent dessert reserved just for real pistachio lovers.
Pistachio Pudding Cookies Recipe
Pistachios and white chocolate chips are a match made in flavor heaven.
The rich, nutty and slightly floral flavor of the pistachios can be easily overpowered, but pairing them with white chocolate chips allows both flavors to shine. The pistachios provide a satisfying crunch while the white chocolate chips add a rich creaminess to these soft, tender cookies that just melt in your mouth.
It’s a completely unexpected twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie that will leave any pistachio fan smiling.
The subtle green hue of these cookies is 100% from the pistachio pudding mix added to the batter. If you want a brighter hue, you can add green food coloring.
These pistachio pudding cookies come together quickly, making them perfect for any occasion, but their green color makes them especially perfect for Christmas or St Patrick’s Day.
More Pistachio Recipes
- Honeyed Ricotta Crostini with Pistachios and Pomegranate Seeds
- Pistachio Dessert Lasagna
- Pistachio Pudding Ice Cream
- Pistachio Pudding Cake
Pistachio Cookie Ingredients
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Large Egg, room temperature
- Vanilla Extract
- Pistachio Pudding Mix
- All-purpose Flour, plus more for rolling
- Baking Powder
- Pistachios, shelled and crushed
- White Chocolate Chips
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: you can refrigerate the dough before baking if your cookies are spreading too much. We didn’t have that issue.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer <– this is a great hand mixer if you don’t want to make the investment into a stand mixer
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheets
- Cooling racks <– I have and love these tiered cooling racks, they save so much counter space and are also oven-safe
- Cookie Scoop
How to Make Pistachio Pudding Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375F
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and airy, about two minutes.
Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat until incorporated.
In a small bowl, stir together the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
Add the shelled pistachios and white chocolate chips and stir together until combined.
Use a cookie scoop to portion the cookies onto lined cookie trays.
Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to turn golden brown at the edges.
Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for two minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Makes approximately 40 cookies.
Grab your free printable for our pistachio pudding cookies recipe:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 package pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and crushed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and airy, about two minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg and beat until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, pistachio pudding mix, baking powder and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add the shelled pistachios and white chocolate chips and stir together until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion the cookies onto lined cookie trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies are just starting to turn golden brown at the edges.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets for two minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope the pistachio lovers in your home love this easy pistachio pudding cookie recipe!