Forget pumpkin spice lattes, this fall it’s all about this No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Latte Ice Cream! A fun twist on the Starbucks classic, this pumpkin ice cream recipe is perfect for warm fall nights.
No-Churn Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Recipe
Last year, I shared our No Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream which was a total hit – but I got some requests from our PSL fans to develop a recipe that had that rich PSL flavour, rather than a straight pumpkin flavour like the one I shared.
Rather than tasting like pumpkin spice a la mode like my other recipe, this one lasts like a pumpkin spice latte float! It has a fun combination of pumpkin spice, espresso, and vanilla, for a grown-up pumpkin treat without a big caffeine hit.
This No-Churn PSL Ice Cream takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and is ready to enjoy in about 3 hours – prep it while you are making supper and it will be ready in time for dessert! Plus, you only need a handful of ingredients to whip it up, so it likely won’t require a trip to the store.
I personally love adding a scoop to a cup of regular coffee (or even a PSL) for a fun fall affogato – and don’t forget to drizzle some caramel sundae sauce overtop! Yum!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Heavy whipping cream (35%)
- Sweetened condensed milk, to taste
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice <– grab our recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice
- Instant Espresso Powder <– I love this instant espresso – I incorporate it in several recipes and also bring it with me travelling. So much better than hotel coffee!
- Caramel sauce, optional for serving
Tip: swap out half the sweetened condensed milk for another liquid sweetener if you’re not a huge fan of it’s taste.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Hand or stand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9″ x 4″ Loaf Pan <– even though I used a metal one, I would prefer a glass pan with a lid like this one
- Spatula <– I prefer ones like this that are all one-piece (bacteria gets trapped in ones where the head can be removed)
How to Make No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for 4-10 minutes until frothy peaks form.
Slowly add the condensed milk, pumpkin puree and espresso powder into the whipped cream.
Fold the ingredients together, being careful not to over mix.
Add the spices, to taste, and then fold out into a lined loaf pan or cake pan.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
Serve a scoop in a cup of coffee and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Grab your free printable for our no-churn PSL ice cream recipe:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1-10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- Caramel sauce, optional for serving
- In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for 4-10 minutes until frothy peaks form.
- Slowly add the condensed milk, pumpkin puree and espresso powder into the whipped cream.
- Fold the ingredients together, being careful not to over mix.
- Add the spices, to taste, and then fold out into a lined loaf pan or cake pan.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
- Serve a scoop in a cup of coffee and drizzle with caramel sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 42gProtein: 8g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
This super simple recipe for a PSL ice cream (without an ice cream machine) is a fun way to play up your cup of coffee – or a delicious homage to your favorite latte when you’re not in the mood for a caffeine buzz.