These Roasted Greek Potatoes are crispy and tender with an amazing Greek flavor thanks to fresh dill, garlic and feta cheese.
Greek Lemon Potatoes Recipe
My favorite thing about these Greek roasted potatoes is that it is one of those super easy recipes that tastes like tons of effort was put in to get the amazing textures and flavors that result – but it really is as simple as:
- cutting potatoes into wedges
- tossing in a flavorful oil-broth mixture
- and roasting in the oven for 75 minutes, turning once.
The combination of oil and broth allows the roasted potatoes to be braised (resulting in tender, fluffy and creamy potato insides) while caramelizing and crisping up on the outside of the potato wedges.
This is one of those all-purpose potato recipes that pairs beautifully with a variety of meals. You do not need to be serving other Greek dishes for these crispy, lemon-dill potatoes to be an excellent addition to your supper.
I especially love bringing this potato dish as a contribution for BBQs or potlucks – everyone loves them!
What potatoes are best for roasted Greek potatoes? I personally prefer a white potato with a high amount of starch like Russet or Yukon Gold because the insides braise well to be tender and creamy, while the outside caramelizes beautifully. You can also use mini potatoes.
I do not recommend using waxy potatoes (like red potatoes) because they don’t get that creamy interior which I think is a highlight of this recipe.
Ingredients for Roasted Lemon Greek Potatoes
- Potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- Garlic Cloves, smashed
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Broth
- Lemon Juice
- Fresh Dill, plus more for serving
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: this base recipe is great in so many variations – feel free to swap the feta, dill and lemon for other flavors to give this recipe your own personal twist. Bacon and parmesan, Italian herbs and balsamic vinegar – even just salt and pepper.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- 9″ x 16″ Casserole Dish
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Spatula or Large Spoon for flipping potatoes halfway through cooking
How to Make Lemon Roasted Potatoes
Preheat oven to 400F
Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a 9”x16” casserole dish.
Evenly disperse the garlic among the potato wedges.
Pour the olive oil, chicken broth and lemon juice over the potatoes.
Sprinkle on the fresh dill.
Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. At the 45 minute mark, sprinkle in the feta cheese.
Potatoes are done when fork tender and golden brown.
Grab your free printable recipe card for our lemon roasted potatoes recipe:
- 5 potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 6-8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a 9”x16” casserole dish.
- Evenly disperse the garlic among the potato wedges.
- Pour the olive oil, chicken broth and lemon juice over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle on the fresh dill.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. At the 45 minute mark, sprinkle in the feta cheese.
- Potatoes are done when fork tender and golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 127mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your family loves this roasted lemon dill potato recipe as much as mine does!
For more ways to make veggies delicious, check out our full vegetable recipe collection here:
For more scrumptious side dishes, check out our full side dish recipe collection here: