You will not believe how easy it is to make DIY Black Slime at Home! Check out our easy method for How to Make Black Slime, which we turned into a fun Disney Slime!
Queen of Hearts Black Slime Recipe
I’ve been making slime since Ella was three years old, so we’ve had our fair amount of experiments and failures.
Black slime has been on Ella’s request list for a couple of years now, but to be honest, the thought of using tons of black food dye and then the possibility of it dying her hands, fingernails, and clothes black deterred me from even trying.
However, after learning that we could use acrylic paint to dye slime (like in our metallic slime), I realized that we could use just a half teaspoon of black acrylic paint to create a gorgeous silky, black slime!
And of course, being the Disney family that we are, I thought black slime would be perfect for a villain slime!
Ella suggested we use up the last of our pink heart glitter to make a “Queen of Hearts” slime a la Alice in Wonderland, and I think it turned out really cute! This would have been perfect for our Queen of Hearts Valentine’s Day party!
You could also use this to make a Cruella Slime (half black and half white), or a Maleficent Slime with some bright green glitter? There are so many fun options, and the black slime really makes whatever you add to it pop.
If you’re looking for the ultimate slime guide – you need to check out our Slime Book with over 40 amazing, unique slimes:
Ingredients for Black Slime
- White School Glue
- Contact lens (saline) solution – this is the brand I used
- Black acrylic paint
- Sprinkles, optional
Tip: the contact solution must contain boric acid as an active ingredient. I linked the brand I used above. Contact solution is a diuretic so please don’t let young kids handle it and ensure your child washes their hands after playing with the slime as a precaution.
Second tip: slime is not something you can reliably measure. It’s by look and feel, so go slow and adjust as necessary.
Tools You May Find Helpful
- Large bowl
- Spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Vinegar, for clean-up
How to Make Black Slime
Pour your glue in a large mixing bowl.
Add black acrylic paint.
Stir the water into the glue, about 2 Tablespoons to start.
Finally, add the contact solution or liquid starch – 5 Tablespoons of contact solution, or 1/4 cup liquid starch.
Keep stirring everything with your spatula and adjust as needed.
Once the slime is cohesive, no longer sticky or appearing to have any liquid in the mixture, start kneading the slime – this is going to help it be less sticky (just like making homemade play dough).
Knead the slime for at least 3 minutes before adding any more ingredients to adjust.
When your slime has the perfect consistency, add your heart sprinkles and enjoy!
Grab your free printable for our Queen of Hearts Disney Slime recipe:
- 1 cup glue
- 5+ Tablespoons contact lens solution OR 1/4 cup liquid starch
- 1/2 teaspoon black acrylic paint
- 2+ Tablespoons water
- Heart glitter, as needed
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Pour your glue in a large mixing bowl.
- Add black acrylic paint.
- Stir the water into the glue, about 2 Tablespoons to start.
- Finally, add the contact solution or liquid starch - 5 Tablespoons of contact solution, or 1/4 cup liquid starch.
- Keep stirring everything with your spatula and adjust as needed.
- Once the slime is cohesive, no longer sticky or appearing to have any liquid in the mixture, start kneading the slime - this is going to help it be less sticky (just like making homemade play dough).
- Knead the slime for at least 3 minutes before adding any more ingredients to adjust.
- When your slime has the perfect consistency, add your heart sprinkles and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
4 Jars Heart Nail Sequin, Ultra Thin Nail Glitter Paillette, Laser 3D Nail Art Flakes, Shining Sequin Paillette for Face DIY Crafts
Elmer's Liquid School Glue, White, Washable, 32 Ounces - Great for Making Slime
Apple Barrel PROMOABI Matte Finish Acrylic Craft Paint Set Designed for Beginners and Artists, Non-Toxic Formula that works on All Surfaces, Assorted Colors 1, 18 Count
This super easy to make black slime recipe is the perfect base slime for so many different themes! I can’t wait to see what different ideas you guys come up with!