A copycat Red Lobster recipe the whole family will love, this Crockpot Cajun Chicken Pasta features tender fettuccine pasta coated in a silky and spicy Cajun-infused Alfredo sauce. It’s the perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving some restaurant-worthy pasta.
Red Lobster Crockpot Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
This easy crockpot chicken and pasta recipe is a copycat version of Red Lobster’s Cajun Chicken Linguini Alfredo.
Red Lobster describes it as “spicy chicken in a creamy garlic Alfredo sauce on a bed of linguini.”
Our recipe varies from the original inspiration because we’re cooking everything together – and in a crockpot at that – plus, we’re using fettuccine pasta noodles instead of linguine because it holds up better to cooking in the crockpot. (Linguine might get too soft and mushy if cooked in the crockpot.)
As with all of my cajun-inspired recipes, I used my homemade Cajun seasoning to make it. It gives this recipe a zesty, earthy flavor that is only slightly spicy – but if you want even more heat, grab our homemade creole seasoning.
The result is a lip-smacking copycat Crockpot Cajun Chicken Recipe with a creamy, spicy, earthy and zesty white sauce coating tender, perfectly cooked fettuccini noodles. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep but everyone will be licking their plates clean.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Variations:
- use premade Cajun seasoning, but opt for a low sodium version
- or go a completely different direction and use a different seasoning blend to flavor the pasta sauce
- use shrimp instead of chicken
- add veggies like broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, artichokes or spinach
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. Add a bit of water or milk to prevent the pasta from drying out as you reheat.
(I do not recommend freezing this recipe as pasta will break down as it’s thawed and reheated.)
Crockpot Cajun Chicken Pasta Ingredients
- Chicken Broth
- Cajun Seasoning <– grab our homemade cajun seasoning recipe here
- Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Onion, Diced
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fettuccine Noodles
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: if you’re worried about the spice of this recipe, you can use half of the seasoning called for and then adjust each serving based on each person’s individual spice tolerance.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- This is the crockpot that I use the most often – it has a thermoshield which not only prevents little fingers from being burned if the kids touch the outside of the crockpot, but it’s also great for bringing along to potlucks. I also like that I can set the cook time on it, so if we end up taking too long playing outside (or running errands) I don’t have to worry about the food burning.
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta in the Slow Cooker
Add chicken, chicken stock, onions, and seasoning into the crockpot.
Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
When chicken is cooked through, shred chicken and then add in cheese and heavy cream.
Cook pasta according to package in a pan on the stove. Drain and pour pasta into the crock pot. Stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Grab your free printable recipe card for our crockpot cajun chicken pasta recipe:
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 lbs. Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Box Fettuccine Noodles
- Add chicken, chicken stock, onions, and seasoning into the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 2 1/2 hours.
- When chicken is cooked through, shred chicken and then add in cheese and heavy cream.
- Cook pasta according to package in a pan on the stove. Drain and pour pasta into the crock pot. Stir and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Tip: if you're worried about the spice of this recipe, you can use half of the seasoning called for and then adjust each serving based on each person's individual spice tolerance.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 1198mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your family loves this copycat crockpot cajun chicken recipe as much as mine does!
For more ways to use your crockpot, check out our full crockpot recipe collection here:
For more ways to enjoy chicken, check out our full chicken recipe collection here:
For more perfect pastas, check out our full pasta recipe collection here: