A fun and festive twist on classic Muddy Buddies, these Peppermint Bark Muddy Buddies are a refreshing treat for fans of white chocolate and peppermint!
Peppermint Puppy Chow Recipe
Muddy Buddies are one of my favorite desserts to make for parties or gifting.
You’d be surprised at how many of your friends have never eaten – let alone heard of – muddy buddies. I’ve had so many friends be a little bit hesitant to try these sweet and crunchy snacks, only to immediately realize how irresistible they are.
While a classic muddy buddy is made with peanut butter and melted chocolate, I’ve had a lot of fun experimenting with different flavors over the years (OREO, lemon, churro, Nutella, Snickers, etc) and also melting different ingredients to coat the cereal in, like candy melts, melted frosting or candy bars.
Today, we’re melting some peppermint white chocolate bars to create a peppermint white chocolate muddy buddy.
After coating our crunchy Chex cereal in the melted white chocolate, we toss the cereal in powdered icing sugar to give them sweetness and also prevent the cereal from sticking to each other or your fingers.
This peppermint muddy buddy recipe takes less than 10 minutes to whip up and makes a great gift for the holidays or an addition to your holiday dessert spread.
Muddy buddies can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week (if it doesn’t disappear faster in your house) or can be frozen in an airtight freezer bag or your favorite freezer containers for up to two months. (This set of freezer containers is a crazy bargain.)
More Peppermint Dessert Recipes
- Peppermint-Stuffed Cake Mix Cookies
- Crockpot Peppermint White Hot Chocolate (with Video)
- Homemade Peppermint Bark
- Triple Chocolate Peppermint Cake
- Peppermint Bark Brownies
- No-Churn Peppermint Ice Cream
The below video shows how to make a standard muddy buddy recipe (with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter) but I thought I’d include it in this post just in case:
Peppermint Puppy Chow Ingredients
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: if desired, you can coat half of the cereal in the white chocolate peppermint bark and half in regular chocolate for a twist.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Microwave-safe bowls
- Large ziptop bags
- Cookie Sheet
- Spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty.
How to Make Peppermint Puppy Chow
Place powdered icing sugar in a gallon-sized ziptop bag and set aside.
Measure Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
Place peppermint bark in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt for 25 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed.
Pour the melted peppermint bark over the Chex cereal and stir to coat.
Scoop the Chex cereal into the bag with the powdered icing sugar, then seal and shake to coat the cereal completely with the powdered icing sugar.
Pour the powdered sugar-coated cereal onto a cookie sheet and allow the chocolate coating to set completely, approximately 30 minutes, before storing or serving.
Pin this Christmas Puppy Chow recipe for your next holiday baking session:
Grab your free printable recipe card for our peppermint puppy chow recipe:
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup Peppermint Bark
- 1/2 cup Powdered Icing Sugar
- Place powdered icing sugar in a gallon-sized ziptop bag and set aside.
- Measure Chex cereal into a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place peppermint bark in a small microwave-safe bowl and melt for 25 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed.
- Pour the melted peppermint bark over the Chex cereal and stir to coat.
- Scoop the Chex cereal into the bag with the powdered icing sugar, then seal and shake to coat the cereal completely with the powdered icing sugar.
- Pour the powdered sugar-coated cereal onto a cookie sheet and allow the chocolate coating to set completely, approximately 30 minutes, before storing or serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your friends and family loves this easy peppermint muddy buddy recipe as much as mine did!
For more decadent no-bake desserts, check out our full no-bake dessert recipe collection here:
For more decadent desserts, check out our full dessert recipe collection here:
For more recipes kids can make, check out our full kid-made recipe collection here: