Juicy, bright and zingy Lemon Pepper Pork Chops are a super simple weeknight supper recipe ready in less than 15 minutes! We prepared our lemon pepper pork chops in a cast iron skillet, but you can also grill or bake this recipe.
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops Recipe
I’ll be honest: when I’m meal planning, I often overlook including any pork dishes. I tend to think only about beef, chicken and seafood, and pork rarely ends up being part of my plans.
However, when I get to the grocery store and see that pork chops are on for a great price, I can’t help but grab some… and then I inevitably get home and have zero clue on what to make with them.
This lemon pepper pork chops recipe is perfect for those occasions! It’s low-prep, only requires a bit of olive oil, lemon juice and lemon pepper seasoning, and is one of those recipes that the whole family will love.
(If you don’t have lemon pepper seasoning, you can use this method to make ranch pork chops, Italian seasoned pork chops, etc.)
The flavor of these pork chops is bright and zingy, with a fresh burst of citrus and a bit of spicy heat from the pepper. Searing the pork chops in a cast iron skillet and then resting them for 3 minutes before serving ensures juicy pork chops with a crunchy bark. (Using a good-quality meat thermometer can help you ensure that you are cooking the pork chops perfectly and avoid overcooking – which will cause your pork chops to dry out.)
You can also grill or bake these lemon pepper pork chops!
To Grill Lemon Pepper Pork Chops:
Instead of adding the oil to your cast iron skillet, brush the pork chops with oil before adding the lemon pepper seasoning.
Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, until a minimum internal temperature of 145ºF is reached.
To Bake Lemon Pepper Pork Chops:
Use the oil to grease a baking dish. Bake at 400ºF for 20 minutes, flipping once during your cooking time. Remove from oven once an internal temperature of 145ºF is reached.
What to Serve with Lemon Pepper Pork Chops:
- Creamy Potato and Pea Salad with Dill
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Roasted Potatoes with Garlic and Rosemary
- Summery White Bean Salad from Kylee Cooks
- Blanched green beans
- Brussel Sprout Salad
- Ginger Ale Carrots from The Soccer Mom Blog
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes from Kylee Cooks
More Delicious Lemon Pepper Recipes:
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken from Persnickety Plates
- Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon from Or Whatever You Do
- Lemon Pepper Almonds from Persnickety Plates
- Salmon Piccata from Mindees Cooking Obsession
- Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken from That Girl Cooks Healthy
- Veggie Lentil Soup from Veggie Fun Kitchen
Ingredients for Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Olive Oil, as needed
- Pork Chops
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning <– grab our recipe for homemade lemon pepper seasoning
- Lemon, quartered
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: some people swear by tenderizing their pork chops with a meat mallet before cooking. Try it and see if you find it to make a difference!
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Cast Iron Skillet <– I love the versatility of a good cast-iron pan – you can make everything from eggs to dessert in them and they transition easily from the stove to the oven. This one is pre-seasoned and great for even heating
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Kitchen Tongs
- Measuring spoons
- Meat Thermometer <– This is the meat thermometer I have been using for the past 6 years – I’ve never had to change a battery and it’s super sturdy and reliable. It was a bit pricey, but unlike the $15 models that you can buy, this one isn’t going to need replacement. It is waterproof and comes with a two-year warranty. (Thermoworks also has a $15 pocket-sized model if you want to try that out first before investing in the MK4.)
How to Make Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
Pat your pork chops dry with paper towel.
Season to your personal preferences with lemon pepper seasoning.
Place the olive oil in the cast iron skillet over medium heat.
Allow the oil to get hot before adding in the pork chops.
Sear the pork chops on one side, about 3-5 minutes, until browned and the pork chops release easily from the skillet.
Flip and continue cooking on the other side until the pork chops reach a minimum internal temperature of 145ºF.
Remove from heat and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to each pork chop. Let rest for 3 minutes before serving.
Grab your free printable for our lemon pepper pork chops recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons oil, as needed
- 4 pork chops
- 3 Tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon, quartered
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thermapen Mk4 (Red) Professional Thermocouple Cooking Thermometer
Lemon, One Medium
Pork Center Cut Chops Boneless, x2, 12 oz
2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs, Premium Silicone BPA Free Non-Stick Stainless Steel BBQ Cooking Grilling Locking Food Tongs, 9-Inch & 12-Inch
Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet With Assist Handle, 10.25", Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 2107mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 41g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
These lemon pepper pork chops is one of those recipes the whole family will love. If your kids aren’t huge fans of pepper, you can reduce the seasoning on their pork chops.