Another fun Frankenstein dessert for Halloween, these Jolly Rancher Halloween Lollipops are super simple to make and just require 3 ingredients (plus an edible ink marker).
Halloween Lollipops Recipe
Halloween and desserts are two of my all-time favorite things… which explains why we’re almost at 100 Halloween Desserts on the blog!
As much as I love an ambitious baking project, sometimes you just need something quick and easy – and that’s exactly what these DIY Frankenstein Lollipops are, with just 3 ingredients and about 15-20 minutes of total time needed (and that includes the time it will take you to unwrap those candies).
While kids can help with the first step of unwrapping the candies and placing them on the cookie sheet and the final step of drawing on Frankenstein’s Monster’s facial features, the steps in between will need to be done by a grown-up. The candy will be hot and you will have to work quickly to attach the candy eyes, jelly bean “bolts” and lollipop sticks before the candy cools are hardens. This could even be a great party activity – see how different everyone’s designs can be!
Can I use another type of candy instead of Jolly Ranchers? Yes. We experimented with melting a lot of different candies when we made our Edible Agate Slices and almost any hard candy will work. Just make sure it’s green if you want to keep your lollipops Frankenstein-themed.
Do I have to use an edible ink marker? I highly recommend using them for this craft as the candy sets so quickly. You could try using black sprinkles or black liquorice lace for the monster’s mouth and hair, but I already found that I had to work very quickly to get the lollipop sticks, candy eyes and jelly beans attached to the melted Jolly Rancher candy before it hardened.
We’ve used our edible ink markers in so many different baking projects – from our Beauty and the Beast Rice Krispie Treats to our Halloween Chocolate Macaron Cake, you can definitely get great use out of the $5 purchase.
Jolly Rancher Lollipops Ingredients
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- Black Jelly Beans
- Candy eyes
- Edible Writing marker
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: you can use an edible silver food spray to make the jelly bean bolts silver-colored, if desired.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Cookie Sheet
- BBQ Lighter, optional
- Lollipop Sticks
How to Make Jolly Rancher Lollipops
1. Preheat oven to 275F
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Unwrap Jolly Ranchers
4. Stick together 3 Jolly Ranchers vertically. Leave enough space so when they come out of the oven you can put a lollipop stick in them- about 4″ apart.
5. Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes. Keep a close eye on them and take them out once melted.
6. Immediately roll the end of a lollipop stick in each “candy puddle” towards the bottom.
7. Quickly add the jelly beans to the bottom sides to create the “bolts”. If the Jolly Rancher candies start to harden, you can use a BBQ lighter to carefully re-melt the candy where you want to attach the jelly bean.
8. Attach the candy eyes – using the BBQ lighter trick, if needed.
9. Let the lollipops set at room temperature until hardened, about 10 minutes.
10. Use your edible ink maker to draw on the hair, mouth, and scar.
Pin this Easy Halloween Lollipop Recipe to wow your kids:
- 36 Green Apple Jolly Ranchers
- 24 Black Jelly Belly’s (jelly beans)
- 24 Candy eyes
- Black Edible Ink Marker
- 1. Preheat oven to 275F
- 2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- 3. Unwrap Jolly Ranchers
- 4. Stick together 3 Jolly Ranchers vertically. Leave enough space so when they come out of the oven you can put a lollipop stick in them- about 4" apart.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven for about 5-6 minutes. Keep a close eye on them and take them out once melted.
- Immediately roll the end of the lollipop stick in each “candy puddle” towards the bottom.
- Quickly add the jelly beans to the bottom sides to create the “bolts.” If the Jolly Rancher candies start to harden, you can use a BBQ lighter to carefully re-melt the candy where you want to attach the jelly bean.
- Attach the candy eyes - using the BBQ lighter trick, if needed.
- Let the lollipops set at a room temperature until hardened, about 10 minutes.
- Use your edible ink marker to draw on the hair, mouth and scar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 117gFiber: 14gSugar: 86gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your kids love these cute Frankstein’s Monster Lollipops! I’d love to see how they turn out!