If you have been around Sugar, Spice and Glitter for a bit, you know I love dessert recipes so I was itching to create another beauty to add to my list of delicious, moist cupcakes.
These Butterscotch Cupcakes are the perfect addition to any party. Just make sure to save a couple for yourself – they are guaranteed to fly off the plate!
I can’t tell you how excited I am to share these with you! Ella and I have been refining our Butterscotch Cupcakes for months and to say they are scrumptious would be an understatement. Moist cupcake topped with perfectly sweetened buttercream frosting. Add a slow drizzle of homemade butterscotch and you almost won’t want to eat them. Resist the urge to stare at these beauties and dig in!
One thing I love about cupcakes is the ability to have single servings of yummy dessert ready for any event. We took Butterscotch Cupcakes to our last birthday party celebration and I’m so glad I left a couple home for us! Before I turned around, they were gone.
To make the butterscotch, over medium heat, using a medium pot melt the butter. Add in the brown sugar and whisk until combined. Add in the cream then whisk again.
Bring the mixture to a bubble and allow to thicken for 5 minutes maximum NO stirring.
Now remove it from the heat and add in the vanilla and salt make sure to whisk again
Allow to cool.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
Melt butter in the microwave in a small bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar until it is smooth then whisk in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
Slowly begin to mix in dry ingredients until the batter is smooth.
Fill cupcakes liners with the mix ¾ of the way full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting
Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 4 minutes. Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract continue to mix. Increase the speed to high for 3 minutes. Use cake decorating supplies to make beautiful tower of frosting.
Drizzle homemade butterscotch over the cupcake for extra gooey-ness!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg, room temp
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 3-4 C powdered icing sugar
- 1/4 C heavy whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Homemade Butterscotch:
- Over medium heat, using a medium pot melt the butter.
- Add in the brown sugar and whisk
- Add in the cream then whisk again
- Bring the mixture to a bubble and allow to thicken for 5 minutes maximum NO stirring.
- Now remove it from the heat and add in the vanilla and salt make sure to whisk again
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in the pan
For the Yogurt Cupcakes:
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the brown sugar until it is smooth
- Whisk in egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until it is well combined
- Slowly begin to mix in dry ingredients until it is smooth
- Fill cupcakes liners with the mix ¾ of the way full
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting
For the Butterscotch Frosting:
- Beat softened butter on medium speed with an electric or stand mixer for 4 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla extract continue to mix
- Increase the speed to high for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle butterscotch over the cupcake for extra gooey-ness
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cake Decorating Supplies Kit for Beginners, Set of 137, Baking Pastry Tools, 1 Turntable stand-55 Numbered Icing Tips with Pattern Chart, Angled Spatula, 8 Russian Piping nozzles-Baking Tools
Cookie Scoop Ice Cream Scoop Melon Scoop 18/8 Stainless Steel with Trigger Cupcake Scoops (#14)
Wilton Excelle Elite 3-Tier Cooling Rack for Cookies, Cakes and More
Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
365 Everyday Value, Organic Vanilla Extract, 4 fl oz
The Greek Gods Greek Yogurt, Honey Vanilla, 24 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 634Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 0gSugar: 95gProtein: 3g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.