A fun addition to a Beauty and the Beast movie night, this Gray Stuff recipe is a decadent and simple cookies and cream pudding that is just as delicious as the song promised!
Gray Stuff Recipe
When I shared my Favorite Disneyland Snacks, I promised to follow up that post with a recipe for the decadent Gray Stuff that I tried at the park – and today, I’m making good on that promise!
It took a few tries, but this Gray Stuff recipe totally tastes like the version at the park!
It’s a rich cookies and cream pudding with a thick, luxurious texture. Just a small cup is perfect for satisfying my sweet tooth and it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up! It’s simple enough for kids to make independently, too.
You can make the gray stuff up to 5 days in advance, and I actually think it tastes better after sitting in the fridge overnight because the flavors are able to mingle more. Be sure to cover up your bowl and then give it a good stir before piping and serving.
Ideas for Serving Gray Stuff
While I think this pudding is decadent and delicious all on it’s own, at Disneyland’s Red Rose Tavern, the gray stuff is served over a shortbread cookie, and at DisneyWorld’s Be Our Guest restaurant, it is served as frosting on a cupcake.
You can also serve it:
- As a twinkie or cupcake filling
- As a brownie frosting
- Frozen, like a pudding pop
- As a fruit dip
- In cookie cups
- In no-bake rice krispie cups
- In Edible Chip Cups <– this is such a fun idea!
PS – I adore our Mrs Potts and Chip tea set – and yes, they actually work for serving tea! The Chip cup doesn’t hold a lot of tea, so we tend to use Mrs Potts with other cute tea cups. It adds a whimsical touch to our dining room and doubled as a great decoration for our Beauty and the Beast Movie night. You can purchase your own here.
We made our Gray Stuff recipe for our Beauty and the Beast family movie night. I also served:
It was all super simple to make but made for one amazing movie night!
Gray Stuff Ingredients
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- OREOs, crushed (or other Cookies and Cream cookie)
- Cool Whip
- Edible Sugar Pearls, optional
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: you may want to try using half of the amount of OREOs called for in this recipe and then increase to your personal taste.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Electric mixer <– this is a great hand mixer if you don’t want to make the investment into a stand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Food Processor
- Piping bag with star tip
How to Make Gray Stuff
Make the vanilla pudding according to the boxed directions, however only use 1 1/2 cups milk rather than what is called for. (This allows for the frosting to have a thicker texture.)
Place the pudding in the fridge to thicken for 5 minutes as you crush the OREOs in a food processor.
Mix the OREOs into the vanilla pudding until completely combined.
Add the Cool Whip and stir gently until just combined.
Refrigerate for 5 minutes before scooping into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
Swirl the pudding into your serving dish and decorate with edible sugar pearls, if desired.
Grab your free printable for our gray stuff recipe:
- 3.4 oz box Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 15 OREOs, crushed
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- Edible Sugar Pearls, as desired
- Make the vanilla pudding according to the boxed directions, however only use 1 1/2 cups milk rather than what is called for. (This allows for the frosting to have a thicker texture.)
- Place the pudding in the fridge to thicken for 5 minutes as you crush the OREOs in a food processor.
- Mix the OREOs into the vanilla pudding until completely combined.
- Add the Cool Whip and stir gently until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes before scooping into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Swirl the pudding into your serving dish and decorate with edible sugar pearls, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wilton Sugar Pearls, White, 5 Oz
OREO Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Family Size, 3.1 oz
JELL-O French Vanilla Instant Pudding & Pie Filling Mix (3.4 oz Box)
NEW Beauty and The Beast Mrs. Potts Chip Tea Pot & Cup set Teapot Mug ( Pot & Cup)
Wilton Cupcake Decorating Icing Tips, 12-Piece Set
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.