What could be better than a cocktail-flavored ice cream?
What about a cocktail made out of cocktail-flavored ice cream for the ultimate Mudslide Cocktail experience?
I first shared this Valentine’s Mudslide Cocktail on my friend’s site, Amanda’s Cookin’.
I first spotted the Haagen Dasz White Russian flavor ice cream last year and it was just as delicious as I thought it would be. I usually prefer to make my own ice cream, but this flavor has snuck it’s way into my shopping cart more than a couple times…
This time, however, I wanted to get a little creative and instead of enjoying my White Russian with a spoon, I thought I’d return it to it’s original namesake with a quite and easy Strawberries & Cream Mudslide Cocktail!
This cocktail is basically made up of three layers – though you could blend them all together if you wish. We start with a strawberry milkshake layer with a generous touch of Irish Cream, then next comes a White Russian milkshake made with ice cream, Kahlua and vodka, and then top it all off with a final scoop of White Russian Ice Cream.
Tip: I often order my liquor from Drizly because they have a quick delivery time (sometimes within 40 minutes) and no expensive mark-ups. Purchasing from them supports local retailers, too. You can order the Bailey’s, Kahlua and Vanilla Vodka needed for this recipe from them.
Ingredients to Make a Valentine’s Mudslide
- Kahlua <– can use any coffee liquor
- Vanilla Vodka <– can use plain vodka
- Bailey’s Irish Cream <– can just use coffee cream
- Strawberries, hulled
- Vanilla Ice Cream <– White Russian-flavored ice cream if you can find it!
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful:
I really loved using my gorgeous Omishome Bartending Kit to make this recipe. The pretty bamboo holder contains all of the tools you need to make perfect cocktails, and those pretty gold tools add a touch of class to your home bar set-up.
Place the strawberries and Irish cream (or coffee cream) in a blender and puree until smooth.
Pour into the bottom of your martini glass and rinse out the blender.
Place the Kahlua, vodka and one scoop of ice cream in the blender and puree until it reaches the same smooth texture as the strawberry-cream mixture.
Pour the vodka shake over the strawberry shake and top with an optional additional school of ice cream.
Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy immediately.
Pin this Strawberries & Cream Cocktail for your next party or get-together with friends:
Grab your free printable for our Strawberry Mudslide recipe here:
- 1 oz Kahlua or coffee liquor
- 1 oz vanilla or plain vodka
- 1 oz Bailey's or Irish Cream liquor OR coffee cream
- 5 strawberries, hulled
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Place the strawberries and Irish cream (or coffee cream) in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into the bottom of your martini glass and rinse out the blender.
- Place the Kahlua, vodka and one scoop of ice cream in the blender and puree until it reaches the same smooth texture as the strawberry-cream mixture.
- Pour the vodka shake over the strawberry shake and top with an optional additional school of ice cream.
- Garnish with a strawberry and enjoy immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 3g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
This Strawberries & Cream Mudslide Cocktail is the perfect fruity update on a dessert cocktail classic! If you find yourself debating over a cocktail or ice cream as an evening treat, this White Russian gives you the best of both worlds – if I do say so myself!