This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ExperienceScrubDots #CollectiveBias
If you love enchiladas, today we have an amazing no-fuss Slow Cooker White Chicken Enchiladas recipe that your entire family is going to love.
And because the slow cooker is doing all of the work, this recipe only requires 15 minutes of effort from you, making it perfect for busy weeknights!
Instead of Taco Tuesdays, our family tends to indulge in a variety of Mexican-inspired dishes once a week.
We love enchiladas, tacos, tosadas, quesadillas – it’s all so tasty and quick!
Enchiladas can be a lot of work – but they don’t have to be if you have a slow cooker! I slow cook my chicken in whichever sauce I’m using (red sauce or salsa verde) to make it incredibly tender and flavorful, and then shred it right in the crockpot before rolling it up with a bit of cheese in corn (never flour) tortillas and then topping it with my homemade white enchilada sauce.
These enchiladas are out-of-this-world! Seriously, the kind of dish that you serve to someone you want to make a great first impression on. Even if you decide to use plain chicken in the enchiladas, the white sauce alone makes the meal.
I developed this recipe as part of a challenge from Scotch-Brite™ Brand to create an easy fall recipe the entire family will love eating – and the kids can even help clean up!
Kids can help with clean up at a young age – scrapping their plate into the garbage and carefully placing it by the sink, or wiping down the table after it’s clear. Simple tasks that they can complete independently and feel great about.
Washing dishes has always been a favorite for my daughter and the kids in our daycare – bubbles, water, and helping all in one sensory-filled activity! I noticed while my daughter was helping clean that the Scrub Dots help scrub fast and rinse clean which really makes a difference when the kids are helping (since they might not have the patience or attention to detail we have).
Check out our recipe video to see just how easy these slow cooker chicken enchiladas are to make then scroll down to grab your printable recipe!
Ingredients for Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Onion, quartered
- Garlic Cloves
- Salsa Verde
- Chicken Broth <– grab our recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Broth
- Large Tortillas
- Cream of Chicken Soup
- Sour Cream
- Green Chiles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded Cheese of choice
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: you can use pre-cooked chicken or season the chicken with just salt and pepper if you’re not a salsa verde fan.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Slow cooker
- Crockpot Liners <– I haven’t used these but I have several friends who SWEAR by these for easy clean up
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
This is the crockpot that I use the most often – it has a thermoshield which not only prevents little fingers from being burned if the kids touch the outside of the crockpot, but it’s also great for bringing along to potlucks. I also like that I can set the cook time on it, so if we end up taking too long playing outside (or running errands) I don’t have to worry about the food burning.
How to Make Slow Cooker White Enchiladas
Place onions, garlic and chicken in your crockpot.
Pour over the salsa verde (if using) and cover. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Check at the halfway point as all crockpots cook differently.
When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F and is cooked through, shred with two forks (or using the hand mixer method – although that can sometimes be a bit messy!)
Assemble your tortillas by placing 2 Tablespoons of cheese in the center of each corn tortilla and top with 1/3 cup shredded chicken.
Fold and place all assembled enchiladas back in the slow cooker.
Combine the broth, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green chiles together in a saucepan over medium heat until combined. Season to taste and pour over the assembled enchiladas.
Sprinkle cheese overtop, as desired, and then re-cover. Heat for 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese.
Makes 6-8 large tortillas.
Pin this delicious white chicken enchilada recipe for your weekday meal planning:
Grab your free printable for our delicious crockpot white enchiladas:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3-5 garlic cloves, as desired
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6-8 large tortillas
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green chiles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Place onions, garlic and chicken in your crockpot.
- Pour over the salsa verde (if using) and cover. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours. Check at the halfway point as all crockpots cook differently.
- When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F and is cooked through, shred with two forks (or using the hand mixer method - although that can sometimes be a bit messy!)
- Assemble your tortillas by placing 2 Tablespoons of cheese in the center of each corn tortilla and top with 1/3 cup shredded chicken.
- Fold and place all assembled enchiladas back in the slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and green chiles together in a saucepan over medium heat until combined. Season to taste and pour over the assembled enchiladas.
- Sprinkle cheese overtop, as desired, and then re-cover. Heat for 15-20 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Makes 6-8 large tortillas.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Cream of Chicken Soup 10.5 Ounce
Frontera Salsa, Tomatillo, Medium, 16 oz
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners, 24 Pack
Hatch Mild Diced Green Chilies, 4 oz
Daisy, Regular Sour Cream, 8 oz
Crockpot Thermoshield 6 Quart Manual Slow Cooker, Black
Perdue Harvestland, Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Individually Wrapped, 2.25 lb (Frozen)
Mission Soft Taco Flour Tortillas, Trans Fat Free, Authentic, Small Size, 20 Count
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 1073mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.