This easy, healthy recipe for paprika chicken was one of those quick suppers where you throw everything into the pan and hope it turns out edible.
Served on a bed of my overnight apple cider coleslaw and some perfectly cooked quinoa, the skillet paprika chicken is juicy and flavourful, without bordering on spicy. (If you’re looking for spicy, check out my smoky habanero grilled chicken recipe.)
By searing the chicken in the skillet before making the sauce and cooking in the oven, you seal in the juices and create that amazing, crispy skin.
And be sure to add the cheese after the chicken is done cooking in the oven, to ensure that it is just adding creaminess and flavour to the paprika sauce — which is delicious poured over top of that crispy, juicy chicken.
I first shared this recipe on my Instagram account, and the response was so positive – with a high school friend demanding that I share the recipe immediately – that I decided to prioritize sharing it with you.
I love when you leave comments for me on blog posts, but if you’re on social media throughout the day anyways, definitely consider connecting with me there, too! Sometimes I share glimpses into our days, and will create content based on your feedback on social media.
(Plus I love hearing and seeing what you’re up to, too! Especially if you try out a hands-on kids’ activity or easy healthy recipe that I’ve shared here.)
- 2 chicken breasts or 4 thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 T smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 T butter
- 2 T minced garlic
- Handful grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in your skillet over medium heat, and sear the chicken on both sides before removing to a plate.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, paprika, garlic, and remaining tablespoon butter to the skillet, stir until fully incorporated, and season to taste.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet and place in the oven until cooked through, about 20-30 minutes (and reading an internal temperature of 160F).
- Remove the skillet from the oven, stir in the parmesan, and serve.