Instant Pot Buffalo Dip (with Video)
A zesty, creamy and cheesy buffalo chicken dip perfect for entertaining, this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip is super quick and easy to make and yields enough to please a crowd!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo chicken dip is always a crowd pleaser.
Cheesy. Zesty. A little bit spicy. And hearty enough to to satisfy.
Honestly, my daughter would eat a bowl full of this buffalo chicken dip for her supper if I let her… and I know more than a few adults who do make meals of this dip!
It’s one of those comfort food dishes that everyone hopes to see at a party, especially if you’re getting together to watch a game. It’s cheesy, hearty and flavorful enough to make it a comfort food classic, without being stodgy and boring.
As a bonus, it’s also low-carb and pairs equally well with chips as it does with veggies, making it the perfect option to serve if you have low-carb guests. I actually prefer it with the veggies.
You can adjust this recipe by adding chopped veggies, using a different mild hot sauce (we love this mango habanero sauce) or swapping out the chicken for cooked beef, pork or even jackfruit for vegetarian friends.
Can buffalo chicken dip be frozen? Yes! To freeze buffalo chicken dip, scoop the dip into a freezer container and place a piece of foil or parchment paper directly overtop of the dip. Freeze for up to three months, then thaw in the fridge and reheat using your preferred method. (This set of freezer containers is a crazy bargain.)
Can I make this buffalo dip with beef? Absolutely! You will want to brown the meat before making the dip to ensure that it is fully cooked and also so you can remove any grease from the cooked ground beef so your dip doesn’t end up being greasy.
More Instant Pot Appetizers
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Dip
- Instant Pot Spinach and Artichoke Dip from Kylee Cooks
- Pressure Cooker Gluten-Free BBQ Turkey Meatballs from Fearless Dining
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings from Recipes from a Pantry
- Instant Pot BBQ Hawaiian Lil Smokies from Monday is Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Devilled Eggs from Carmy
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check out our full collection here!
Also, my friend Corinne just put out an Instant Pot ecookbook for just $4.99! I have tried a few of the recipes myself and they are delicious and family friendly. I highly recommend it for a reliable collection of Instant Pot recipes to help you fall in love with your IP (if you haven’t already).
Check out our quick recipe video to see how easy it is to make this Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip – and then don’t forget to scroll down to grab your free printable recipe card:
Instant Pot Buffalo Dip Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts, skinless and boneless
- Buffalo Chicken Sauce
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing, optional <– or grab our homemade ranch dressing recipe
- Celery, chopped, optional
- Shredded Cheese, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Tip: adjust the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing ratios to your personal preferences – more buffalo for a spicier dip and more dressing for a milder dip.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Instant Pot <– I’m so excited to upgrade to this one with air fryer capacities soon! (You can also just buy the lid which adds the air fryer capacity to your standard IP.)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Dip
Place the buffalo chicken sauce, water and chicken in your IP and set to manual for 7 minutes.
Natural release and then shred the chicken using two forks or meat shredders.
Stir in the cheese, dressing and celery, if using.
Place the lid back on the Instant Pot to allow the residual heat to melt the cheese. If you took a long time shredding your cheese and there isn’t a lot of residual heat, you can set to manual for one minute and then quick release to melt the cheese.
Stir well to completely combine the ingredients.
Scoop the buffalo dip into your serving dish and serve with chips or veggies for dipping.
Pin this Easy Instant Pot Appetizer for your next party:
Grab your free printable recipe card for our Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe:
Instant Pot Buffalo Dip
A creamy, cheesy and hearty buffalo chicken dip prepared completely in the instant pot. This easy instant pot appetizer is perfect for a party or game night and pairs equally great with veggies as it does with chips.
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1/2 cup buffalo chicken sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a container)
- 4 oz ranch or blue cheese dressing, optional
- 1 stalk celery, chopped, optional
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the buffalo chicken sauce, water and chicken in your IP and set to manual for 7 minutes.
- Natural release and then shred the chicken using two forks.
- Stir in the cheese and dressing, if using.
- Scoop the buffalo dip into your serving dish and serve with chips or veggies for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 184Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 314mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 13g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your friends and family love this easy Instant Pot dip as much as mine does!
For more easy Instant Pot ideas, check out our full Instant Pot recipe collection here:
For more delicious dips, check out our full dip recipe collection here:
For more ways to enjoy chicken, check out our full chicken recipe collection here: