I’m just going to start off this recipe with an apology – because this Buffalo Chicken Dip is addictive! I usually try to stick to easy, healthy recipes and while this crockpot appetizer is super easy, it’s loaded with more cheese than you probably eat in a week!
I’m always a bit stumped when my brothers come over for things like game day. My go-to party foods are usually on the sweeter side and my favourite appetizers are a little bit too adventurous for their palates. (I think even a sharp cheddar might be too much for their tastes.)
This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is perfect if you have picky eaters but also want something delicious for yourself. Serve with an assortment of chips and vegetables to please guests of all diets.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
In two hours, the dip will be waiting for you – ready for the party! Just stir in your cheese before serving alongside chips or vegetables. (We also really like it spread on tortilla bread or enjoy with sweet potato crackers.)
- Place the buffalo chicken sauce and chicken breasts in a small pan and heat over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, turning the chicken once while cooking.
- Remove from heat and meanwhile, assemble the cream cheese, dressing, and celery and place in your crockpot.
- Shred the cooled chicken and add it, along with the buffalo chicken sauce, to the crockpot.
- Heat on slow for 2 hours to ensure chicken finishes cooking.
- Stir in your cheese just before serving.
- Serve warm alongside chips or vegetables.