Breakfast Sliders (with Video)
An easy prep-ahead breakfast recipe the whole family will love, these buttery Breakfast Ham and Egg Sliders with fluffy eggs, tender bread and a hit of melted cheese are perfect if you’re trying to skip the morning drive-thru and opt for a satisfying homemade breakfast.
Breakfast Sliders Recipe
I have never been a breakfast person, despite all of my best efforts, so making breakfast for my family has always been a struggle for me.
I’m not even thinking about food that early in the day – let alone wanting to make it. So make-ahead breakfasts have been a game changer for me. Not only do they allow me to have a quick and easy option available to offer, it stops me from having to hit up the drive-thru on the way to school on those mornings when even a bowl of cereal is going to make us late.
These easy, cheesy egg and ham breakfast sliders can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to enjoy, or you can bake fresh just before you want to enjoy them.
They are a super simple breakfast slider that is just as perfect for an easy grab-and-go weekday breakfast as it is a special brunch treat on the weekend.
Can these sliders be made ahead of time? Yes, you can assemble the sandwiches the night before you plan to bake them. You can even bake and refrigerate and just reheat or serve cold up to three days after baking.
Can these sliders be frozen? I have had readers say that they have had good success with freezing sliders. Wrap and then store in a freezer bag or airtight freezer containers for up to two months. Allow to thaw fully before reheating. (This set of freezer containers is a crazy bargain.)
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
Be sure to check out our step-by-step video to see how to make these breakfast ham, egg and cheese sliders at home – and then don’t forget to scroll down to grab your free printable recipe card:
Ingredients for Breakfast Sliders
- Slider Buns <– I used butter-style for this recipe, but Hawaiian sliders would also be delicious
- Butter or Olive Oil
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: to amp up the flavor, add your favorite seasonings to the eggs or the butter drizzle. I love adding red chiles, chili crunch sauce or chipotle sauce to either.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- 9″ x 13″ Casserole Dish <– I love these Pyrex dishes with fitted lids for easy transportation to parties or leftover storage
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cast Iron Skillet <– I love the versatility of a good cast-iron pan – you can make everything from eggs to dessert in them and they transition easily from the stove to the oven. This one is pre-seasoned and great for even heating
- Serrated kitchen knife
- Aluminum foil
How to Make Ham Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
Preheat oven to 350F
Cut the sandwich sheet in half through the middle to create two “slices” of sandwich sheet.
Place the bottom half of the sandwich sheet in the casserole dish. Set aside.
Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the butter or oil.
Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl and whisk until fully blended. Pour into the preheated frying pan and stir constantly, until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
Remove frying pan from heat.
Place an even layer of the ham on top of the bread.
Follow with the eggs, and then the cheese.
Top with the slider buns and then pour the butter evenly over the sandwiches.
Cover the casserole dish with tinfoil.
Bake for 20-30 minutes until the butter has completely absorbed into the rolls.
Cut and serve.
Pin this Easy Breakfast Sliders recipe for a delicious grab-and-go breakfast:
Grab your free printable recipe card for our easy breakfast sliders recipe:
- 1 sheet Slider Buns
- 6 Slices Ham
- 6 Slices Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Olive Oil
- 12 Eggs
- 1 cup Butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut the sandwich sheet in half through the middle to create two "slices" of sandwich sheet.
- Place the bottom half of the sandwich sheet in the casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add the butter or oil.
- Crack the eggs into a medium size bowl and whisk until fully blended. Pour into the preheated frying pan and stir constantly, until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove frying pan from heat.
- Place an even layer of the ham on top of the bread.
- Follow with the eggs, and then the cheese.
- Top with the slider buns and then pour the butter evenly over the sandwiches.
- Cover the casserole dish with tinfoil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the butter has completely absorbed into the rolls.
- Cut and serve.
I used butter-style sliders for this recipe, but Hawaiian sliders would also be delicious
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set, 8-Piece, Clear
MCOMCE Pastry Brush, 2 Pack Basting Brush, One-Piece Seamless Design Cooking Brush, Basting Brush for Cooking, Food Grad Silicone Basting Brush, Green Food Brush, Blue Kitchen Brushes for Food
King's Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Rolls - 12 Count
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 265mgSodium: 634mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your family loves these easy ham, egg and cheese breakfast sliders as much as mine does!
For more filling breakfast ideas, check out our full collection of breakfast recipes here:
For more scrumptious sandwiches, check out our full collection of sandwich recipes here: