If you’ve been around Sugar, Spice & Glitter for awhile, you already know we love our kid’s kitchen recipes & I always have a giant stash of Ghiradelli chocolate chips in the house. Today, Miss G is excited to share with you her melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread!
This recipe is SUPER easy to make. If you are in a pinch for something delicious to bring to your next get together, look no further!
We made this yummy, pull apart bread for our last family movie night & it was a huge hit. The Disney Princess Cookbook also has a recipe like our chocolate chip monkey bread called “Apu’s Monkey Bread” which I think is what inspired Miss G to make her version. Miss G has been a huge fan of anything Aladdin since our recent trip to Disney, which we will be sharing with you soon – so make sure to subscribe to our newsletter if you see any Disney vacations in your future!
PS – If you’re not following me on Instagram, I share mini blog posts there every day!
Tips for Involving Kids in the Kitchen
If this is the first time you have asked your kids to help in the kitchen, here are a couple things to keep in mind:
- Always be sure you have all the ingredients. Kids are so disappointed when cooking has to be put on hold to make a run to the grocery store for ingredients!
- Use kid friendly cooking materials like our well stocked cupboard with a lot of kid friendly cooking materials. Aluminum bowls are some of our favorites. They are light enough for the kids to maneuver without having to worry about glass chipping – or, go the completely opposite route with a heavy-duty bowl that stays still while using a hand mixer. (It really depends on your set-up and project.)
- Rarely does anything result in a complete fail – even missed ingredients doesn’t spell disaster. Take a relaxed attitude and let kids learn from their mistakes AND successes, naturally
- Once you have the ingredients and all you need for your kids to help, jump right into this delicious chocolate chip monkey bread!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread
First, assemble your ingredients:
- 2 cans of Pillsbury biscuits (or a double batch of homemade biscuits)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Pam cooking spray or oil
- Large Ziplock bag for coating the biscuit pieces.
- Caramel sauce to drizzle (we like Ghiradelli & Hershey’s)
Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread Directions
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then completly coat the inside of a bundt cake pan with oil or cooking spray.
Remove all the biscuits from the cans and cut each biscuit into quarters. This is a great time to talk with your kids about fractions! Flatten each of the biscuit pieces to allow for 3 chocolate chips to be placed in the doughy middle. Roll each biscuit piece into a ball and set aside. Continue until all of the biscuit piece are rolled with chocolate chips inside.
In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon. Mix and set aside.
Place the biscuit pieces and sugar cinnamon mixture into the Ziplock bag. Shake the bag until all the pieces are coated.
Once all the biscuit piece are covered, remove them and arrange in the coated bundt pan.
Then in a small sauce pan, combine the butter and brown sugar. Be sure the mixture doesn’t burn, but is completly combined and a rich brown color.
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the biscuit pieces in the bundt pan.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
The center of the monkey bread will still be a bit jiggly. Let stand for 5 minutes before placing a serving plate on top of the pan and flipping the pan. Lightly tap the sides of the pan to loosen the monkey bread.
Once the monkey bread is out of the bundt pan, drizzle with caramel sauce and top with chocolate chips.
This Chocolate Chip Monkey Bread is to die for, but you might also like to try our Pull-Apart Olive Loaf or our Easy Berry Scones!
Does your family do family movie nights? Tell me about them!
Grab your free printable recipe here: