Have you ever tried a snickerdoodle?
For me, the kooky name totally drew me in, but my good friend refused to even try one based on the name. If you’re like here and a little put off by the weird sounding name, trust me – these are some good cookies.
Picture an old-fashion sugar cookie, super fluffy and light with that melt in your mouth texture that all good homemade cookies vie for, and then add in a light coating of cinnamon sugar and you have something close to a good snickerdoodle cookie.
We’ve since made some Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles, but I keep coming back to this classic recipe. A traditional snickerdoodle cookie that you are not going to be able to stop yourself from eating.
Seriously, if I don’t put these cookies away the second they are done cooling, I am likely to eat 5 of them just walking around the kitchen. Does anyone else think of pretend chores they need to do in the kitchen when they want to sneak a treat?
Check out our quick video to see just how easy these Snickerdoodle Cookies are to make – and then don’t forget to scroll down to grab your free printable recipe card:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Cinnamon-sugar:
- 2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons sugar
- Blend the butter and sugars for two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, fully incorporate, and then add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Dredge the dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar mix and place onto lined baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until the cookies have spread and are starting to brown slightly at the edges. They will take on that cute crinkly look once they have cooled and settled.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.