We’ve been back from our France family vacation for about two months now, so I am deep into post-trip nostalgia. Honey and lavender are such a classic combination that reminds me of the French countryside and all it’s bounties. This Exfoliating Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub is a great way to prep for shaving or just give your hands a bit of a refresher after some yard work.
DIY Honey and Sugar Scrub
I’ve been making homemade sugar scrubs for a little over four years now. They are an amazing way to gently exfoliate and smooth your skin in rough areas, or prepare your skin for shaving. I find that I get a closer shave (and longer lasting results) when I take the time to prep my legs with my DIY sugar scrub.
I love having fun with my scents and exploring different benefits of sugar scrubs and my recent lavender honey sugar scrub is a definite favorite!
Now, I’m going to state the obvious: if you add lots of honey, this mixture can get sticky, but since I’m using it in the shower I haven’t had any issues. All I’m experiencing are the benefits of using honey.
Honey and Sugar Scrub Benefits:
- The sugar granules gently exfoliates.
- Coconut oil and Vitamin E oil softens and moisturizes your skin.
- The honey is full of antibacterial properties and antioxidants to help your skin slow down the aging process.
- Honey also moisturizes the skin, giving it a “glow.”
- The lavender essential oil eases skin inflammation and also contains antibacterial properties.
- The sweet scent is calming and relaxing and helps ease stress and headaches.
This DIY sugar scrub can be used as a body scrub, a honey sugar lip scrub, a honey and sugar face scrub – since there are no harsh ingredients, you will not have any problems using it on sensitive areas. (If planning to use primarily as a honey sugar lip scrub, you may want to leave out the lavender if that will be overpowering to your sense of smell.)
- In a bath or shower, apply the honey lavender body scrub to wet skin. Enjoy the calming and relaxing scent of lavender!
- Using your fingers (or a bath pouf), massage the sugar scrub into your skin in a circular motion.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply your favorite skin moisturizer or oil.
If using as a honey sugar lip scrub, apply some water to your lips first and use your ring or pinky finger to apply the sugar scrub in a gentle circular motion.
The key to all of this is gentle massaging of the sugar scrub into the skin – let the sugar scrub do the scrubbing and keep your touch gentle, or you can end up scratching your skin which is damaging.
Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub Ingredients
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Yield: 6-8oz jar.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoon or fork for mixing
- Mason jar for storing sugar scrub
How to Make Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub
Place sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Add the vitamin E and lavender essential oil to the coconut oil and stir to combine.
Add the coconut oil and honey to the mixing bowl.
Stir well to combine.
Transfer to an airtight glass container and store in a cool and dry place.
Grab your free printable for our Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub recipe:
This Lavender Honey Sugar Scrub is a great way to indulge your skin, or treat a friend to a homemade gift!