Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup is a velvety, vibrant and vegan soup that the whole family will love! It’s flavorful and filling with plenty of health benefits – and not to mention, it will make your house smell amazing as it simmers away in the Instant Pot!
Carrot Ginger Soup Instant Pot Recipe
I love REAL vegetable soups (like this carrot soup, our roasted red pepper soup or roasted pumpkin soup) that are not just filling but loaded with nutrients and actually healthy. A lot of soups (especially prepared soups from the grocery store) undermine your health goals while this recipe just delivers all of the benefits of it’s ingredients without any sneaky ingredients that tack on unnecessary sodium or calories.
This Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup is healthy, easy and delicious while being naturally vegetarian – and even vegan if using vegetable broth. It’s creamy and bright, with the sweetness of the carrots is perfectly balanced with the spicy bite of the ginger.
Carrots are a nutrition powerhouse, with beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. They are linked to lower cholesterol and eye health – and beta carotene and antioxidants are linked to reduced cancer risks.
Ginger is also loaded with antioxidants and is also anti-inflammatory.
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of cold soups, but this carrot ginger soup can definitely be enjoyed cold if you’re a fan, making it a perfect lunch option all year round.
Carrot Ginger Soup Variations:
- add cinnamon and/or nutmeg for a completely different flavor profile
- roast the carrots before using in the recipe to increase their sweetness and add a light caramelized note to the soup
- take a note from our Roasted Carrot Apple Ginger Soup and add a chopped apple to the soup (at the same time that you add the carrot)
- if you’re a fan of chili crunch, drizzle a bit overtop of the soup before serving
Store this carrot ginger soup in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
Can this instant pot carrot soup be frozen? Yes, allow the soup to cool completely and freeze in either your freezer containers or airtight, ziptop freezer bags. The soup can be frozen for up to 3 months without a nutritional or flavor loss. (This set of freezer containers is a crazy bargain.)
Instant Pot Carrot Soup Ingredients
- Oil of Choice
- Onion, minced
- Carrots, chopped
- Garlic, sliced
- Ginger, minced
- Broth of Choice <– grab our recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Broth here
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tumeric, optional
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: to keep fresh ginger on hand at all times, freeze a large piece of ginger and then grate it. Place the grated ginger in a freezer bag or container and use as needed.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Instant Pot <– I’m so excited to upgrade to this one with air fryer capacities soon! (You can also just buy the lid which adds the air fryer capacity to your standard IP.)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Cutting Board
- Wooden Spoon or Spatula <– I like these spatulas because they are one solid piece and don’t have removable heads for bacteria to get trapped underneath. Plus they are heat-resistant and have a lifetime warranty.
- Immersion Blender
How to Make Instant Pot Carrot Soup
Prepare all vegetables and ingredients before starting recipe.
Set IP to saute and add the oil.
Once the oil is hot, add the onion and carrots. Stir occasionally, until onions are translucent. (Can cook the carrots for a few minutes on their own before adding the onions.)
About 2-3 minutes.
Add the garlic and ginger, and stir for one minute.
Turn off the saute setting and add in broth and seasoning.
Secure IP lid and cook on soup setting for 15 minutes.
Natural release then either use an immersion blender to puree soup, or wait until it has cooled and use a blender.
Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
Grab your free printable recipe card for our Instant Pot carrot ginger soup recipe:
- 1 Tablespoon Oil of Choice
- 1 Onion, minced
- 3 cups Carrots, chopped (approximately 6-7)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger, minced
- 2 cups Broth of Choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tumeric, optional
- Prepare all vegetables and ingredients before starting recipe.
- Set IP to saute and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion and carrots. Stir occasionally, until onions are translucent. (Can cook the carrots for a few minutes on their own before adding the onions.) About 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and stir for one minute.
- Turn off the saute setting and add in broth and seasoning.
- Secure IP lid and cook on soup setting for 15 minutes.
- Natural release then either use an immersion blender to puree soup, or wait until it has cooled and use a blender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your family loves this flavorful carrot ginger soup as much as I do!
For more easy Instant Pot ideas, check out our full Instant Pot recipe collection here:
For more scrumptious soups, check out our full soup recipe collection here:
For more ways to make veggies delicious, check out our full vegetable recipe collection here: