A classic Christmas appetizer the whole family will loves, these Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches incorporate the classic Christmas colors of red and green and feature a quick homemade ranch cream cheese spread.
Christmas Pinwheel Sandwich Recipe
These Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches are a Christmas party classic… and a sneaky way for parents like me to get our kids to get a few more veggies into our kids’ sugar-packed holiday diets!
Everyone seems to have their own way of making these easy pinwheel sandwiches (and I’ve included a few alternative variations below) but this is my go-to recipe. It’s always a hit and is usually the first thing to disappear from any Christmas get-together.
These little one-or-two-bite sandwiches are so incredibly satisfying. From the crunch of the sweet bell peppers to the zesty ranch with the rich creaminess of the cream cheese to those soft, melt-in-your-mouth flavored tortillas. Every time we make them, I vow to double or triple the batch the next time – but it still doesn’t ever result in leftovers.
Ella also loves them for lunchboxes – and since they refrigerate so well, you can prep these the night before without any complains about “soggy sandwiches.”
Can you make pinwheels the night before? Yes! These pinwheel sandwiches actually taste better after being allowed to sit in the fridge overnight. Just be sure to wrap them well or store them in an airtight container before refrigerating.
Variations for these Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches
- use sundried tomato wraps and green bell peppers for a color swap that still delivers the red and green theme
- or use green olives with pimentos for a salty take that also incorporates the red and green colors
- incorporate a bit of grated cheese into the cream cheese mixture
- swap out the ranch seasoning for your preference cream cheese flavor
- add a dash of hot sauce or cayenne pepper for a bit of heat
- for a sweet twist, use pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries in place of the diced bell peppers
- use sundried tomatoes in place of the peppers and a dash of pesto in place of the ranch seasoning for an Italian twist
- layer in some sliced turkey before rolling for some added protein
More Christmas Appetizers
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for full measurements.
Tip: swap out the ranch seasoning for your personal preference for the cream cheese flavor.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Measuring Cups and Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Sharp Kitchen Knife
- Mixing Spoon
How to Make Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning until fully combined.
Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla wraps and sprinkle the diced bell pepper overtop.
Roll each wrap tightly to form a log.
Using a sharp knife, cut the wraps into 1/2” to 1” slices.
Grab your free printable recipe card for our Easy Christmas Pinwheel Sandwiches recipe:
- 5-6 large Spinach Tortilla Wraps
- 8oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Ranch Seasoning
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper, diced
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and ranch seasoning until fully combined.
- Spread the cream cheese on the tortilla wraps and sprinkle the diced bell pepper overtop.
- Roll each wrap tightly to form a log.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the wraps into 1/2” to 1” slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Sugar, Spice and Glitter uses an auto-generate nutrition calculator. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate unless analyzed in a scientific lab, so these should be considered more of a guideline than medical information.
I hope your family loves these Christmas pinwheel sandwiches as much as mine does – I can barely enjoy a few before they disappear!
For more easy appetizers, check out our full Appetizer recipe collection here: