If you’re heading to Charleston with Kids, you need to have some solid restaurant recommendations under your belt. But kid-friendly shouldn’t compromise great food, as these 10 Best Restaurants in Charleston for Families will prove!
Visiting Charleston soon? Here are my top 10 family-friendly restaurants you can’t miss!
Not long-ago Charleston, South Carolina was voted America’s #1 Vacation Destination City. With its picturesque architecture and rustic charm, it isn’t hard to see why.
(And if you’re heading to Charleston with Kids, be sure to check out our post with 50 Things to do in Charleston with Kids.)
But in between all the attractions, you can work up quite an appetite.
When you do, here’s my top 10 restaurants for the entire family to try in Charleston:
- Fleet Landing Restaurant and Bar: If you’re looking for a meal on the waterfront, Fleet Landing is a continually popular choice. Fresh seafood and stunning views await, but reservations are highly recommended. Check out their menu here.
- Tattooed Moose: Featured on Diner’s, Drive-Ins, and Dives, the Tattooed Moose is a must-stop while in town. Duck Fat Fries are the specialty of the house, and it will be a challenge to choose just one entrée. Read more on their website.
- Martha Lou’s Kitchen: A local favorite for over 30 years, Martha Lou joined by her daughters and granddaughters, serves food so good you’ll “roll your eyes.” If that doesn’t sell it, Martha Stewart digs it. Find out more on their website.
4. Blondies Bagels and Café: Bringing a taste of the Northeast to the Carolina coast, Blondies is a great option for a satisfying and quick breakfast before sightseeing. Offering unique options for breakfast and lunch, and can I say homemade cream cheese?? See the menu to plan your attack.
5. Workshop: The Workshop is not your typical restaurant. Diners can select dishes from one of 6 rotating kitchens where exquisite local chefs experiment and tinker with flavors and textures. You can be sure anything you eat at The Workshop will be incredible and cutting edge. Learn about the current chef rotation here.
6. Zombie Bob’s: Home to killer pizzas and flights of home-brewed beer, Zombie Bob’s will be a hit with the entire family. The laid-back atmosphere will give everyone a chance to unwind while tickling their taste-buds at affordable prices. See their website for more details.
7. Home Team BBQ: While in the Carolina’s, it’s important to try the local BBQ style – unique from anywhere else you’ll visit. The best place in Charleston is Home Team BBQ where a family-friendly atmosphere is highlighted by great service and award-winning food. For menus and locations check out their website.
8. Daps Breakfast and Imbibe: A neighborhood favorite that might just become yours as well, Daps’ breakfast is second to none. Unique offerings will whet anyone’s appetite while offering a full range of coffee drinks, or something a bit stronger. Plan your visit here.
9. Leon’s Oyster Shop: For local-style food and seafood fresh from the water, Leon’s is the place to visit. While you wait for your meal, don’t forget to appreciate the stunning exposed beam ceiling and décor of the old garage-turned-restaurant. See it here.
10. Famulari’s Brewing and Pizza Co. – Brick oven New York and Chicago style pizzas, a local microbrewery, multiple locations, and online takeout orders mean Famulari’s is perfect no matter what you need. Designed by the owners to be a place for kids and adults, schedule this one into your trip for sure. Check it out for yourself.
Pin this collection of the Best Charleston Restaurants for Families:
There are so many amazing standby and up-and-coming restaurants in Charleston it was hard to choose my favorites! Share yours in the comments!