New Orleans cuisine is so much more than perfect beignets. The city has so many classic, iconic foods – from Po’Boys to Gumbo, or even Turtle Soup. The hardest part will be deciding where to enjoy these classics, so today I’m sharing 10 of the Best New Orleans Restaurants for Foodie Families. This is by no means a comprehensive list, but it will give you a starting place for planning your family’s vacation to the Big Easy.
Best Restaurants in New Orleans for Families
NOLA visit in your future? Check out the top 10 best restaurants for families in New Orleans
Down in the Big Easy, recovery from Hurricane Katrina was slow. But, the unique glam of New Orleans is back at full strength – nestled between the Gulf of Mexico and the Mississippi River with a rich culture and cuisine waiting for exploration.
I definitely encourage anyone travelling to New Orleans to download our Must-Eat New Orleans food checklist and also check out our 50 Things to do with Kids in New Orleans.
Keep your energy up by visiting these standout dining options that will satisfy the entire family.
- Modern Israeli cuisine at Shaya offers something for everyone – reasonably priced small plates are perfect for sharing and coaxing little ones to try something brand new.
- The playful menu at Willa Jean is a family friend choice, no matter what time of day you need a bite. Offering a blend of sharable “snacks” and tempting dishes, it might be your trip favorite.
- Dooky’s Chase is a mainstay of NOLA, opening its doors in 1941. Featuring local favorites and Creole cuisine, the lunch buffet is a great choice for trying new dishes. Or, join them for a classic local dinner later in the day.
- When you’re ready to get your Poor Boy on, Parkway Bakery & Tavern is your best bet. Comfort foods and local-inspired sides – I promise it will be hard to choose!
- Elizabeth’s slogan, “Real Food Done Real Good” reflects the chef’s commitment to crafting delicious and affordable food from scratch with a friendly neighborhood vibe. Whether you’re up for fresh seafood or a southern brunch, Elizabeth’s welcomes you in.
6. Bring the flavors of Latin and South American to NOLA, Mais Arepas offers a sampler plate that brings the flavors of Colombia closer to home. Cozy and eclectic, you’ll be itching to Instagram your meal.
7. It will be hard to go wrong when ordering at the James Cheese Company. Each dish is cultivated around the artisan and farmhouse cheeses that are the mainstay of the restaurant. Or, order a selection of meats and cheeses for a picnic. If you need a night in, they even offer delivery.
8. Dine like a local at the neighborhood Harbor Seafood and Oyster Bar. Featuring all the fresh seafood prepared you could imagine alongside Po Boys and kid menu, it’s a great choice for a laid-back family dinner.
9. It isn’t every trip that offers the chance to savor authentic Honduran food. Enter Beraca with portions that will refill even the biggest appetites after a day of sight-seeing.
10. Lil’ Dizzy’s Café is a family restaurant that will make yours feel instantly at home. Their local Creole comfort dishes are “always hot and straight from the pot.”
Pin this post for your future NOLA Family Vacation:
Do you have any NOLA restaurant recommendations you would add to this list?
For more New Orleans family travel resources, check out our Must-Eat New Orleans food checklist and also check out our 50 Things to do with Kids in New Orleans.