Montessori Materials are those which were designed by Maria Montessori to be used within the Montessori Method of education; they have very specific designs and purposes and often need to be purchased through a specialty retailer.
You can definitely gleam the benefits of Montessori-style education without purchasing the entire collection of Montessori Materials as long as you have a solid understanding of what the original materials convey, how those materials are used, and how to balance and compliment materials with a well-rounded approach.
Here, you can find:
- Montessori Material DIYs or substitutes in case you’re trying to do Montessori on a Budget
- Simple explanations of Montessori Materials and their importance to the overall Montessori Method
- To-the-point lessons and presentations that don’t get caught up in the overwhelming details. Start with this post on the basics of giving a Montessori lesson, and then this post on alternatives to good job.
- Reviews of all of the Montessori Materials that we own
As we are just beginning the Casa curriculum now, this section is a work-in-progress and will be updated as we explore each material.
Also, make sure to check out my posts on how to set-up your Montessori Materials:
- Homeschool Practical Life Shelf for Multiple Ages
- Self-Serve Station
- A Montessori Mini-fridge
- Our Montessori Work Room
DIY Montessori Materials
Montessori Materials Explanations
Montessori Lessons & Presentations