I’m really excited about this week’s selections for What Kids Eat Wednesday!
Next week will be all about family-friendly Christmas foods, but this week I wanted to share some awesome recipes that the kids can help out with!
My top picks this week (although there were so many good choices and it was hard to pick!) were:
- Jaffles, Not Jaffles from Cook and Kid – we have one of these, although it’s often called a grilled cheese maker in North America (a sandwich press with two hallowed out triangle sides for making a delicious pocket of melted cheese in a sealed sandwich). Cook and Kid show us a variety of different uses for a jaffle maker – I’m actually planning on dusting off ours and trying out more than one! A fellow single parent trying to raise a daughter with positive food values – and a sense of humour! – I’m really enjoying this new blog.
- Maple Cinnamon Nuts from Hen Family – Megan is a real-life friend of mine who shares awesome vegetarian recipes and eco-friendly living on her site. This simple Maple Cinnamon Nuts recipe is a great option for the holidays and for having kids help in the kitchen!
- Chicken Potato Bake from Feeding Finn – Amy consistently shares gorgeous and yummy food ideas that will inspire you to get in the kitchen and be adventurous in feeding your kids! Bonus: most of the recipes are simple and straightforward, perfect for getting your feet wet.
- Tasty Chicken Balls from Gold Coast Post – there are so many delicious ways to serve these yummy-sounding meat balls. I can’t wait to try them!
- Lime Fish Tacos from Good Food Week – one of those awesome recipes that kids and parents will both love, these lime fish tacos would be a really fun supper to make and enjoy with the kids. If you’re not a fan of soft tacos (tortillas), you can always serve this ontop of a salad or fresh pasta.
- Eva’s Cheese Scones from Budget Food Mummy – a simple project for toddlers and preschoolers to help make in the kitchen, and you know how we love our scones in this house!
I co-host this weekly party with some awesome family bloggers who also share great content week after week – check them out on your favourite social media (or their blogs) below: