Have you ever tried a capsule wardrobe? I started experimenting with the concept while travelling and I loved the freedom that came with limiting my choice of clothing.
I could combine styles in several ways, I could really emphasize a couple of key accessories – and I could move on with the rest of my day faster. I haven’t fully switched over to capsule wardrobes in my everyday life, but I do tend to highly cycle several pieces each season.
I love long, flowy dresses for summer but I already have a ton so for this collection I tried to focus on expanding my options with summer bottoms. I love the cut of the Dollhouse skinny jeans, and those gray linen pants look crazy comfortable.
I’m always a little nervous about shorts, but I went with longer cuts for all of my picks to try to make the transition easier.
This collection is all about those tops – they are the real showstoppers! While I’ve shown you at least 3 outfit combinations for each piece, there are so many ways this wardrobe can be reworked – and I love how the pieces balance that blend of trendy and classically stylish.
Here are our Summer Capsule Wardrobe Picks:
- Dollhouse Skinny Jeans — $34.99
- Merona Linen Pants — $24.99
- Who What Wear Cargo Shorts — $22.99
- Lee Rolled Cuff Denim Shorts — $16.49
5. Mossimo Utility Shorts — $19.99
6. Sami and Dani Tunic — $34.99
7. Xhilaration Crochet Tank — $19.99
8. 3Hearts Printed Tank — $22.99
9. John Paul Richard Off the Shoulder Top — $22.99
10. Soul Cake Keyhole Top — $27.99
11. Mossimo Gena Sandals — $24.99
12. Mossimo Kady Ballet Flats — $24.99
13. Who What Wear Zip Pouch — $19.99
14. Twig & Arrow Crossbody Handbag — $24.99
I’m still learning how to put together these wardrobe boards, so if you have any suggestions – please send them my way!
Are you a fan of capsule wardrobes? Do you have your eyes on any special pieces this season?