Pumpkin Pie No-Churn Ice Cream is a quick and easy Thanksgiving dessert that kids can help make!
We’re not one of those families that spends all day cooking a Thanksgiving meal that’s going to last all of an hour.
I know that might seem weird because I’m more than happy to put in the time for other gourmet pursuits but turkey isn’t my jam and I’m more than happy to throw a ham in the crockpot, whip up a couple of quick side dishes and spend the rest of the day relaxing and having fun with my daughter.
While I’ll definitely be prepping my Maple Pecan Pie ahead of time, chances are Miss G will convince me to help her make this creamy No-Churn Pumpkin Pie ice cream. As long as we make it by mid-afternoon, it will be ready to enjoy for dessert!
No-churn ice cream is one of my daughter’s favorite things to make. You can customize your ice cream to be any flavor you can imagine and it’s almost magical how the cream goes from liquid to billowy puffs of whipped cream clouds in just a few minutes.
These no-cook ice creams are so easy, we’ve been making them together since she was three (our Cookie Monster no-churn ice cream was our first) – you even have to worry about exact measurements.
There are a few ways to make no-churn ice cream – below I describe the recipe my daughter prefers but there are some tweaks you can make:
- Use pre-made whipped topping instead of whipping cream. This is great if you want to avoid using a mixer or dislike the taste of whipped cream.
- Sweet with honey, maple syrup or agave syrup. While we used to just use sweetened condensed milk for adding both creaminess and sweetness, I now use a mix of honey and sweetened condensed milk.
- Swirl in cream cheese or caramel topping for a bit of added decadence.
If I had thought ahead, I would have definitely made little pie crust cookies to top this Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream with – but Piroutte cookies worked just as well!
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 1-10oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon PLUS 1 Tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Tip: swap out half the sweetened condensed milk for another liquid sweetener if you’re not a huge fan of it’s taste.
Kitchen Tools You May Find Helpful
- Hand or stand mixer
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9″ x 4″ Loaf Pan <– even though I used a metal one, I would prefer a glass pan with a lid like this one
- Spatula <– I prefer ones like this that are all one-piece (bacteria gets trapped in ones where the head can be removed)
How to Make No-Churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
In a large bowl, whip the whipping cream on medium-low speed for 4-10 minutes until frothy peaks form.
Slowly add the condensed milk, pumpkin puree and vanilla into the whipped cream.
Fold the ingredients together, being careful not to over mix.
Add the spices, to taste, and then fold out into a lined loaf pan or cake pan.
Sprinkle additional cinnamon overtop and then run a knife in a zig-zag pattern for a nice effect.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap (or a lid), and freeze 5 hours or overnight.
Grab your free printable for our no-churn pumpkin ice cream recipe: