We are voracious readers, and chances are (since you clicked on this page) you are, too!
There are 5 main categories here:
- Book Club Everything from book reviews (to either add from your list or give you fair warning about a book that just didn’t measure up) to my book study posts — we are making our way through Maria Montessori’s writings, and then will move on to more modern teaching or parenting fodder.
- Children’s Book Activities (Lists & Reviews) There are so many wonderful children’s books out there (and also some that are just a lot of hype and cute covers). I try my best to share our favourites and, whenever possible, give you ideas for how to extend the fun into learning and play invitations.
- Link Love A collection of my favourite bits and pieces from around the internet, shared weekly on Saturdays. Sometimes articles, sometimes ideas, sometimes serious, and sometimes just plain fun.
- Mama Musings These are my personal posts written and shared every Monday about my own struggles, indulgences, and growth as a person and a mom.
- Psychology Posts These posts are a bit meatier (and perhaps less personal) than my Mama Musings, though I am often told they could be one and the same! Using my background as a psychologist, I try to make sense of parenting and education issues that we all face — from the science of sleep to teaching your child how to read.
If any of these topics pique your interest, please click on the corresponding button below to be taken to that collection of posts.
PS — if you are looking for my cookbook reviews, they have moved over to my foodie site, In the Kids’ Kitchen.
And, be sure to check out my Books Worth Reading PinBoard: