This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatInconvenience #CollectiveBias
One of our post popular posts on Sugar, Spice & Glitter is our 40 Mom-Daughter Date Ideas for Every Budget, and I’ve been itching to create a list of grandmother-granddaughter dates, too.
My mom suffers from the beginning stages of Arthritis, which could really affect how active of a grandparent she is. Today, I’m really excited to team up with Advil as part of National Arthritis Month to raise awareness about Arthritis and also celebrate the possibilities of being an active grandparent.
We grabbed the Advil with EZ open cap at Walmart – it’s a great option for grandparents or people struggling with Arthritis, but please keep in mind that these bottles are intended for homes without children.
So, without further delay, here are my mom & Miss G’s favourite picks for 40 Grandmother-Granddaughter Dates for Every Budget.
Free Grandparent Activities
- Visiting a park
- Nature walk or hike
- Doll or bear tea party
- Nature crafts
- Baking – maybe a special family recipe?
- Share special memories from your childhood – look through a photo album
- Sleepover party
- Teach a special skill
- A special craft to “keep them little”
Grandparent Activities under $10
- Swimming at the local pool or splash pad
- Hot chocolate at a local bakery
- Visit to the book store to pick out a special book (maybe one from the grandparent’s own childhood)
- Themed movie night – menu, crafts, and decor surrounding a special movie
- Teaching them a classic board or card game
- Bring them to one of your “stomping grounds” and show them off – church, golf club, favourite cafe, etc.
- Visit an art museum
- Spa night or home pedicures
- Get together to make a craft for mother’s day or father’s day
- Visit a local farm – there’s berry picking, apple orchards, cheese tastings, petting zoos, etc.
Grandparent Activities under $50
- A visit to the beach (this may be in another category for you, but for us it’s at least $15 in gas to the beach)
- A night at the movies
- Attending a child-friendly theatre performance
- Sharing a favourite hobby (maybe setting them up with some starter materials)
- Special lunch date
- Bowling (I loathe bowling so this works out well for me!)
- Make a shadow box from a special event or to celebrate a birthday
- Local event – county fair, summer concerts
- Concert tickets to a children’s performance (my daughter has been treated to Sharon, Lois & Brahm, the Wiggles twice, and Fred Penner by her grandparents)
- Explore a local town, go for a half-day road trip
Grandparent Activities under $100
- Membership to a local children’s museum
- Membership to a monthly craft or activity box, and doing it together
- Groupon vacation – sometimes you can get a great deal, my parents have been able to snag Great Wolf Lodge passes
- Theme park day
- Visit a zoo
- Research and donate to a charity in your grandchild’s name
- Or, sign your grandchild up for a continuous donation – like a “sponsor a child” program where they will have a pen pal and sustained relationship to charitable giving
- Water park day
- Special dinner and a movie night out
- Be tourists for a day – hit up all of the attractions your grandchild may have missed out on
What are your favourite grandparent-granddaughter date ideas? Does someone you love suffer with arthritis?
If you’re curious why Sugar, Spice & Glitter occasionally features products (“sponsored posts”), please read more here.